The Regeneration of Hope
We pray that…The eyes of your understanding being enlightened;
that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, Ephesians 1:18
Thank you for the privilege of praying for these loved ones.
Flood their hearts and minds with light so they can know
the certainty of what you want for them.
Give them grace and strength to break from lesser calls.
Let them see Christ clearly so they can have a mark toward which to press
as they move on in Your calling.
If they are confused about what you want for their lives,
I loose them so they can move with confidence in your calling.
Draw them into a relationship with you that will settle them
peacefully in Your calling.
In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen...
As we Lay our Damaged hope Before the Lord…
The prayer this month is that our understanding (or, our heart) might be flooded with light so we can know the hope of His calling. Our English word “hope” has been made weak with an element of uncertainty, but Paul held no element of uncertainty. In Ephesians 1:18, Paul meant, “I am praying for light to come so you can know the certainty of God's calling upon you.”
We pray that…The eyes of your understanding being enlightened;
that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, Ephesians 1:18
I grew up singing, I’m possessed of a HOPE that is steadfast and sure, since Jesus came into my heart….Well, let me tell you, that hope has remained with me through over fifty years of knowing the Lord. In fact—it is more sure now than it was when I was young. Come with us now and let us see the hope of us all as it becomes even more sure and steadfast. It is often born in us out of the rubble of ruin, giving it the touch of supernatural power. Because of this, it becomes a hope that endures to the end.
Whatever the calling of God upon a person's life, it is with the Holy Spirit's full knowledge of all that will happen—ever—in one's life. God may place a call upon a life with the knowledge that he or she will be tested beyond endurance. Intercessors should pray for those they see growing weary in their calling, and even more for those who seem to have failed.
DAY 1—The Regeneration of Hope
Job 7:6—My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and are spent without HOPE. NIrV—My days pass by faster than a weaver can work. They come to an end. I don't have any hope.
Peter1:3—Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively HOPE (has brought to us a regeneration of hope) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. NIrV—Give praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. In his great mercy he has given us a new birth and a hope that is alive. It is alive because Jesus Christ rose from the dead.
LORD, each day my hope has grown weaker. I've found little in which to place my trust. The expectation I held toward people has failed. My own spiritual strength is weak. in this state I present myself to You. Let the power of Your resurrection come over on my damaged hope.
Placing Our Hope in the Faithfulness of God
—Psalm 89:1,2; Hebrews 10:23 & 1:111
DAY 2—Healing for Damaged Hope
Psalm 31:24—Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that HOPE in the LORD.
Psalm 39:7—And now, Lord, what wait I for? my HOPE is in Thee. NIrV—Lord, what can I look forward to now? You are the only hope I have.
FATHER, it is in my despair that I turn to Your mercy. The hope of my heart grew weak through the trial upon me, but I am making a decided turn toward Your merciful offer of help. I am ready to rest in the grace and peace I believe is now coming through Christ Jesus, Your Son.
How Placing Hope in the Lord Will Strengthen Our Heart—Psalm 22:1-22
DAY 3—Finding the Better Hope of God's Grace
Proverbs 13:12a—HOPE deferred maketh the heartsick... NIrV—Hope that is put off makes one sick at heart. But a longing that is met is like a tree of life.
Hebrews 7:19—For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of A BETTER HOPE did; by the which we draw nigh unto God. NIrV—The law didn't make anything perfect. Now a better hope has been given to us. That hope brings us near to God.
FATHER, my heart has been sick because of my hope that has been deferred. I have tried many religious things only to wind up with failure after failure. Now, I am ready to simply trust Your grace. It offers the better hope. Bathe me today with Your love and grace.
Coming into the Hope Offered by Our True High Priest—Hebrews 7:19-28
DAY 4—Letting Our Hope Rest in God's Mercy
Psalm 33:18-20—Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear Him, upon them that HOPE in His mercy; to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waiteth for the LORD: He is our help and our shield. NIrV—But the Lord looks with favor on those who respect him. He watches over those who put their hope in his faithful love. He watches over them to save them from death. He wants to keep them alive when there is no food in the land. We wait in hope for the Lord. He helps us. He is like a shield that keeps us safe.
FATHER, for so long I felt I did not deserve Your delivering power so fear stayed with me. But I have placed my hope in Your mercy, and in that alone. You delivered me and You are keeping me, not because I am good but because You delight in mercy. Let that mercy flood my life today. Do it also for these for whom I pray.
The Mercy of God that Remains upon Us because of His Covenant Promise.
—Micah 7:18-20; Psalm 103:10,11
DAY 5—The Restoration of Hope after Grief
- Job 13:15a—Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him...NIrV—Even if God kills me, I'll still put my hope in him…
- Lamentations 3:21-24—This I recall to my mind, therefore have I HOPE. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I HOPE in Him. NIrV—But here is something else I remember. And it gives me hope. The Lord loves us very much. So we haven't been completely destroyed. His loving concern never fails. His great love is new every morning. Lord, how faithful you are! I say to myself, "The Lord is everything I will ever need. So I will put my hope in him."
FATHER, I admit it. Some days the grief and disappointment have been almost more than I could bear. But I am open to your compassion and ready to see Your faithfulness. Let it come over on these others who are grieving. May Your Spirit restore hope in us all.
A Prayer for the Soul in Grief—Psalm 31.9-16
DAY 6—Finding the Security of Hope in the Lord
Jeremiah 17:7,8—Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose HOPE the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. NIrV—But I will bless any man who trusts in me. I will show my favor to the one who depends on me. He will be like a tree that is planted near water. It sends out its roots beside a stream. It is not afraid when heat comes. Its leaves are always green. It does not worry when there is no rain. It always bears fruit."
LORD, I am learning that adversity does not mean destruction. In fact, I am beginning to see the challenge of trouble. It can make me grow in my relationship with You and help in the development of my character for Your Kingdom. With new hope I reach for Your loving hand.
Finding Perfect Peace by Trusting—Isaiah 26:3,4
DAY 7—Finding the Hope of God's Presence
Psalm 42:50—Why art thou cast down, 0 my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? HOPE thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help (salvation) of His countenance (His presence).
Psalm 12:5—For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him. NIrV—The Lord says, "The weak are beaten down. Those who are in need groan. So I will stand up to help them. I will keep them safe from those who tell lies about them."
FATHER GOD, You are my salvation. Your Spirit has entered me and made me hope when there was NO hope. Today I give my soul over to acknowledging Your presence. I acknowledge Your power to fight my battles. I give them over to You and the authority of Your Throne.
A Cry from the Depths with Hope—Psalm 130:1-8
DAY 8—Finding Hope for a Disquieted Mind
- Psalm 42:11—Why art thou cast down, 0 my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? HOPE thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, Who is the health (salvation) of my countenance (the very being that I am), and my God.
- Jeremiah 30:17a—For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD… NIrV—But I will make you healthy again. I will heal your wounds,"
DEAR LORD, my health is under attack, both the health of my body and the health of my mind. I believe the attack has even reached into my spirit. Therefore, I ask You to heal my wounded spirit. Heal the part in me that remembers the trouble and the betrayal. I give You my fears and my bitterness. Take them from me. I need them no more because I have placed myhope in You.
A Powerful Revelation for a Troubled Soul—Psalm 77:1-14
DAY 9—Finding Hope while in Oppression
- Psalm 43:5—Why art thou cast down, 0 my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? HOPE in God: for I shall yet praise Him, Who is the health (salvation) of my countenance (the very being that I am), and my God.
- Isaiah 54:14—In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. NIrV—When you do what is right, you will be made secure. Your leaders will not be mean to you. You will not have anything to be afraid of. You will not be terrified anymore. Terror will not come near you.
DEAR LORD, the trouble in my mind, and in my heart, was the cause of my damaged hope. Therefore, I present my mind before You. Heal its thoughts. Cleanse the filth it gathered in its wanderings. Forgive me for placing my thoughts on how others failed me. I am ready, simply, to trust Your merciful hand that is now upon me.
How Jesus Healed the Oppressed—Acts 10:38-44
DAY 10—Resting with a Hope that Prevails
- Psalm 16:8,9—I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in HOPE. NIrV—I know that the Lord is always with me. He is at my right hand. I will always be secure. So my heart is glad. Joy is on my tongue. My body also will be secure.
- Psalm 73:26—My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. NIrV—My body and my heart may grow weak. God, you give strength to my heart. You are everything I will ever need.
LORD, I know there is nothing that can destroy the hope I have in You. It will follow me into death itself Yet, there are still times when I feel threatened by things that come against me. Deliver me from instability. Strengthen the part of me that trusts. Do this in these others I hold before you. Their faith is weak and under attack.
The Testimony of a Man Who Endured Affliction—Job 19:25-27
DAY 11—A Testimony of Hope from an Old Man
- Psalm 71:5-7,14—For Thou art my HOPE, 0 Lord GOD: Thou art my trust from my youth. By Thee have I been holden up from the womb: Thou art He that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of Thee. I am as a wonder unto many; but Thou art my strong refuge…But I will HOPE continually, and will yet praise Thee more and more. NIrV—You are the King and the Lord. You have always been my hope. I have trusted in you ever since I was young. From the time I was born I have depended on you. You brought me out of my mother's body. I will praise you forever. To many people I am an example of how much you care. You are strong. You are my place of safety.
FATHER, I want to maintain a testimony of Your faithfulness that will follow me to the end. Therefore, I set my hope anew upon You this day. Help me see the challenge of today in You. Let nothing come through me to defile the testimony I bear to Your faithfulness.
The Prayer of a Man Winding Down In Life—Psalm 71:15-24
DAY 12—Holding a Hope Based on God's Word
- Psalms 119:49,81,114—Remember the Word unto Thy servant, upon which Thou hast caused me to HOPE. ..My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I HOPE in thy word.... Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I HOPE in Thy Word. NIrV—41)Remember what you have said to me. You have given me hope. 81)I deeply long for you to save me. I have put my hope in your word. 114)You are my place of safety. You are like a shield that keeps me safe. I have put my hope in your word.
LORD, I have placed my faith in Your Word and have found it powerful. I maintain that faith and by it I have my hope. Let my confidence and my trust in Your Word only increase. I wait before You today with Your Word before me. Let it speak into my soul and quicken my spirit.
Discovering the Power of God's Word—Psalm 119:11, 50, 89
DAY 13—Learning from Abraham, Our First Example of Hope
Romans 4:16b,18,19a,20—Abraham; who is the father of us all.. Who against HOPE believed in HOPE, that he might become the father of many nations according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. And being not weak in faith...he staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief but was strong in faith, giving glory to God. NIrV—All of Abraham's children will certainly receive the promise. ... Those who have the same faith that Abraham had are also included. He is the father of us all.... When there was no reason for hope, Abraham believed because he had hope. Without becoming weak in his faith, Abraham accepted the fact that he was past the time when he could have children.... But he kept believing in God's promise. He became strong in his faith. He gave glory to God.
FATHER, I reach for You through the impossibilities that have crowded in on my humanity. I lay before You the mocking weakness of my emotions , and dare to have hope as Abraham did. Draw these I hold before you into this same hope. Help us arise from our weakness, and trust.
A Hope that Reaches Through Impossibility—Genesis 14:1-6; Romans 4:19-21
DAY 14—Standing in Grace Rejoicing in Hope
- Romans 5:1,2—Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by Whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in HOPE of the glory of God. NIrV—We have been made right with God because of our faith. Now we have peace with him because of our Lord Jesus Christ. Through faith in Jesus we have received God's grace. In that grace we stand. We are full of joy because we expect to share in God's glory.
DEAR LORD, thank You for enabling me to believe when there seemed to be so little hope. I had no way to come before You and stand unless I could find Your grace. So You reached me and pulled me right in unto Yourself. Hold me there while my hope grows strong.
Holding Our Hope Steadfast to the End—Hebrews 3:5-14
DAY 15—Hope that Will Not Disappoint
Romans 5:3-5—And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, HOPE: and HOPE maketh not ashamed (does not disgrace or disappoint us); because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. NIrV—And that's not all. We are full of joy even when we suffer. We know that our suffering gives us the strength to go on. The strength to go on produces character. Character produces hope. And hope will never let us down. God has poured his love into our hearts. He did it through the Holy Spirit, whom he has given to us.
GRACIOUS LORD, thank You for everything that has worked in my life to strengthen my hope, even the difficult things. Sanctify these things we are facing. Make them holy to us so they will strengthen our hope. Work in these I love and hold before You so their hope will grow strong.
How Tribulation Can Strengthen Us—II Corinthians 1:3-9
DAY 16—Becoming Ready to Give a Testimony of the Hope We Hold
- I Peter 3:15—But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the HOPE that is in you with meekness and fear. NIrV—But make sure in your hearts that Christ is Lord. Always be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks you about the hope you have. Be ready to give the reason for it. But do it gently and with respect.
- Colossians 4:6—Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. NIrV—Let the words you speak always be full of grace. Season them with salt. Then you will know how to answer everyone.
FATHER, work in me to that I may never have to be ashamed to give a testimony about Your grace and power. Help me bear a good testimony today about the hope I now have. May it not be something merely religious, but something so real that even the ungodly can see the reality of the love You stand ready to extend to us all.
Having no Shame in Giving a Testimony—II Timothy 1:6-12
DAY 17—Other Qualities that Go with Hope
Romans 12:10-12—Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; rejoicing in HOPE; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer.
NIrV—Love each other deeply. Honor others more than yourselves. Never let the fire in your heart go out. Keep it alive. Serve the Lord. When you hope, be joyful. When you suffer, be patient. When you pray, be faithful..
LORD, as my hope in You grows more steadfast and sure, let these other qualities become strong in me. Teach me to love others purely. Teach me to prefer others before myself. Help me become diligent in all my business affairs. With a fervent spirit I want to serve You. Help me rejoice in hope even while in tribulation. Teach me to pray without ceasing.
Rejoicing in the Lord while in Tribulation—Hebrews 3:17-19
DAY 18—Hope for the Future
- Galatians 5:5—For we through the Spirit wait for the HOPE of righteousness by faith.NIrV—But we expect to be made completely holy because of our faith in Christ. Through the Holy Spirit we wait in hope.
- Romans 8:20—For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Him Who hath subjected the same in HOPE. NIrV—The created world was bound to fail. But that was not the result of its own choice. It was planned that way by the One who made it.
- Psalm 147:11—The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that HOPE in his mercy. NIrV—The Lord takes delight in those who have respect for him. They put their hope in his faithful love.
FATHER, today I just want to take time to consider the hope that is before me. Thank you for giving me HOPE FOR THE FUTURE. I remember the day when there was no hope at all. By Your grace You made me hope. Now I know that the work You began in me by grace will continue because Your love is steadfast. Oh, hold me close!
A Confidence that Sustains Our Hope—Psalm 27:1-6; Philippians 1:6
DAY 19—Finding Out the Hope of God's Calling
Ephesians 1:15-18—Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the HOPE of His calling…NIrV—I have heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus. I have also heard about your love for all of God's people. That is why I have not stopped thanking God for you. I always remember you in my prayers. I pray to the God of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is the glorious Father. I keep asking him to give you the wisdom and understanding that come from the Holy Spirit. I want you to know God better. I also pray that your mind might see more clearly. Then you will know the hope God has chosen you to receive. You will know that the things God's people will receive are rich and glorious.
FATHER, please give me the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation. Enlighten the eyes of my understanding. Help me know what is the hope of Your calling upon me. Settle me in its certainty. Release this also in these I hold before You. Oh, drive out their darkness with Your light.
Some Insight on Our Calling—I Corinthians 1:26; Ephesians 4:4; Philippians 3:14; Colossians 3:15:1 Peter 5:10
DAY 20—Resting in the Hope that Will Take Us through the Day of the Lord
- Joel 3:16—The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the HOPE of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. NIrV—The Lord will roar like a lion from Jerusalem. His voice will sound like thunder from Zion. The earth and sky will tremble. But the Lord will keep the people of Israel safe. He will be a place of safety for them.
- Psalm 18:2—The LORD is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in Whom I will trust; my Buckle,; and the Horn of my salvation, and my High Tower. NIrV—The Lord is my rock and my fort. He is the One who saves me. My God is my rock. I go to him for safety. He is like a shield to me. He's the power that saves me. He's my place of safety.
DEAR LORD, what grace You have released upon me! What mercy and what strength! Oh, help me know more of Your delivering power! Let me see Your keeping power. Make my hope more sure. Settle me in it. Release this kind of hope on these I hold before You. Draw them into hope.
A Song about Our Refuge—Psalm 91:1-16
DAY 21—The Strong Consolation of Hope
Hebrews 6:18,19—We.. have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the HOPE set before us: which HOPE we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil. NIrV—God took an oath so we would have good reason not to give up. We have run away from everything else to take hold of the hope offered to us in God's promise. So God gave his promise and his oath. Those two things can't change. He couldn't lie about them.
FATHER, open my understanding to know the strength of the hope that is set before us. Help me see what an anchor it is for the storms that lie ahead. Let me know more of that into which my hope reaches. Let the life and the strength from within the veil come into my spirit.
What is within the Veil?—Hebrews 9:1-15
DAY 22—From "No Hope" to "Made Nigh"
- Ephesians 2:12,13—That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having NO HOPE, and without God in the world: but now in Christ Jesus ye who some times were far off are MADE NIGH by the blood of Christ. NIrV—Before you believed in Christ, you were separated from him. You were not considered to be citizens of Israel. You were not included in what the covenants promised. You were without hope and without God in the world.
LORD, You have rescued me. You have drawn me out of the waters that were closing in upon my soul. You have brought be close through the Blood of the everlasting Covenant, even Your blood. Now strengthen my soul in this. Help me live in the power of this relationship.
An Apostolic Blessing—Hebrews 13:20,21
DAY 23—The Sobriety Hope Brings
- I Thessalonians 5:8—But let us, who are of the day, be sober putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the HOPE of salvation. NIrV—But we belong to the day. So let us control ourselves. Let us put the armor of faith and love on our chest. Let us put on the hope of salvation like a helmet.
I Peter 1:13—Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober; and HOPE to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. NIrV—So prepare your minds for action. Control yourselves. Put your hope completely in the grace that will be given to you when Jesus Christ returns.
FATHER, sometimes when I think of the hope You have given me in Christ Jesus, my joy takes over. I leap for joy and act like I'm drunk. But, this is not all the time. Help me walk with soberness and faith, whether there be feelings of exhilaration or not. Bring me into a stability of hope. Let Your Spirit release in us a spirit of hope.
The Exhortation to Soberness for Us All—Titus 2:1-8
DAY 24—Boldness that Hope Brings
- II Corinthians 3:12—Seeing then that we have such HOPE, we use great plainness (boldness) of speech. NIrV—Since we have that kind of hope, we are very bold.
- Colossians 4:3,4—(Pray) also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds: that I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak. NIrV—Pray for us too. Pray that God will open a door for our message. Then we can preach the mystery of Christ. Because I preached it, I am being held by chains.
FATHER, I often find it difficult to express to others the hope that is mine in Christ Jesus. Give me the ability to make it plain. Let me show others by the way I live and conduct myself in difficulty that there is a sure hope that has laid hold on me. Help me tell them about it gently and with power.
How Our Hope in Christ Is Unlike the
Dim Hope of the Old Covenant—I Corinthians 3:12-18
DAY 25—The Hope that Causes Me Never to Be Ashamed
- Philippians 1:20—According to my earnest expectation and my HOPE, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. NIrV—I completely expect and hope that I won't be ashamed in any way. I'm sure I will be brave enough. Now as always Christ will be lifted high through my body. He will be lifted up whether I live or die.
DEAR LORD, the hope that has become mine is steadfast. I've come to know it as an anchor for my soul. I know that anchor reaches behind the veil into the work of Redemption You accomplished for me. Let that anchor hold me in the storm that is raging now.
The Full Expectation of Our Hope—I Corinthians 15:19-28
DAY 26— The Hope that Makes Us Want to be Pure
- I John 3:2,3—Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that hath this HOPE in him purifieth himself, even as He is pure. NIrV—Dear friends, now we are children of God. He still hasn't let us know what we will be. But we know that when Christ appears, we will be like him. We will see him as he really is.
- FATHER, when I came to You, there was so much impurity in my life that I thought You could not receive me. But You loved me and You received me. You made me Yours. Now, I want my life pure for Your Kingdom. Search out everything in me that displeases You. Give me the grace and power to overcome in every area.
That on which Our Minds Are to Think—Philippians 4:4-10
DAY 27—Our Helmet: the Hope of Salvation
- I Thessalonians 5:8,9—But let us, who are of the day, be sober putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the HOPE of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ. NIrV—But we belong to the day. So let us control ourselves. Let us put the armor of faith and love on our chest. Let us put on the hope of salvation like a helmet.
DEAR LORD, Your mercy has released a hope in me that abounds over every trial I face. It protects me like a helmet. I wear this helmet today. Let it be manifest upon me. Through me, let some others be inspired to trust You.
A Merciful Deliverance from Shame to Hope—Isaiah 54:1-8
DAY 28—Christ in You, the Hope of Glory
Colossians 1:25-27—I am made a minister; according to the dispensation of God which is giveth to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: to whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the HOPE of glory: NIrV—I serve the church. God appointed me to bring all of his word to you. That word contains the mystery that has been hidden for many ages. But now it has been made known to God's people. God has chosen to make known to them the glorious riches of that mystery. He has made it known among those who aren't Jews. And here is what it is. Christ is in you. He is your hope of glory.
LOVING FATHER, the greatest expectation of the hope You have given me is that I can know Christ in me. Give me the grace and the wisdom to acknowledge Him, to know Him in my own being, and to give the rule of my life over to Him. May His life become manifest through me to others whom I meet today.
The Wonderful Union of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, and us.