Coming to the Acknowledgment of the Truth
PAUL GIVES US PRINCIPLES BY WHICH WE RENOUNCE
THE LIE AND BRING OUR MINDS IN SUBJECTION TO CHRIST.
When He releases His truth in us,
we have no fear of giving our inner man over to His dominion.
DAY 1Our minds provide the battleground for the war into which we are entering.
II Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down [demolition] of strong holds; casting down [demolishing] imaginations [the logical reasonings of our minds], and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge [acknowledgement] of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ...
· FATHER, I lay my hands on my head in the Name of the Lord Jesus. I bring my thoughts to You, my ideas, my reasoningsalong with my fears. Oh, dear GOD, I want to know the authority of Your Kingdom in my inner man! Please give me a way of thinking that will make me useful for Your Kingdom.
His Kingdom is full of compassionPs 145:8-16
DAY 2Embracing the Cross of Christ, we open ourselves to Gods wisdom and power.
I Corinthians 1:18,19 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish [are perishing] foolishness; but unto us which are saved [ being saved] it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent [the intelligence of the intelligent].
· FATHER, I renounce the wisdom of the world as it holds on to the lie. I embrace the Cross on which Christ Jesus died for me—and as me. Let the power of His resurrection work in me. Teach me. Bring me to know the wisdom of Your Kingdom.
If we know who we are in Christ we can be assured of knowing His Kingdom
II Pet 1:10,11
DAY 3The armor that we receive in Christ prepares us for the conflict of the evil day.
Ephesians 6:11-13 Put on [inwardly] the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles [cunning methods] of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world [world rulers of the darkness], against spiritual wickedness [wicked spirits] in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
· FATHER, draw me under greater influence of Your Spirit so I can win out in this conflict with the enemy. I am ready to receive the armor You have given me in Christ. I present my mind to You so it can be free from the pull of the flesh. I give it over to You so it can overcome the pull of the world.
DAY 4When our mind is renewed we come to the place we can please God.
Romans 12:1,2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove [discern] what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
· FATHER, I have done and said so much that was not pleasing to You. I am sorry. Now, You are renewing my mind. I praise You. I believe now I can show forth Your glory and live a Life that exalts You.
The fragrance of Christs triumph will be made known in usII Cor 2:14-16
DAY 5When we give up our haughtiness we make way for the mind of Christ.
Philippians 2:3-5 Let nothing be done through strife or vain glory [selfish ambition or conceit]; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus...
· LORD, I am ready to give up this striving that has been going on. I renounce my haughtiness. I am ready to see things from my wifes point of view (my husbands, my friends, my neighbors). Please help us both to look on this mess as you do.
The mind of Christ helps us overcome evil with goodRom 12:17-21
IT IS IN OUR SPIRIT THAT THE WORK BEGINS TO MAKE US READY FOR CHRISTS KINGDOM. Being born of His Spirit enables us to see His Kingdom.
DAY 6The New Birth brings us in proximity to the Kingdom of God.
John 3:3,5 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily. verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again [from above], he cannot see the Kingdom of God. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
· FATHER, I know Ive been born again. Now I want to see Your Kingdom. Ive confessed You before others in public baptism. There is nothing I have to conceal. Let me enter Your Kingdom.
Everyone who is open to the truth can hear Christs voiceJohn 18:36,37
DAY 7The blessing of God will come on those whose spirit is free from guile.
Psalm 32:1,2 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity [does not count him as one who has disregarded His order], and in whose spirit there is no guile [deceit].
· LORD, for years I lived in deceit. Actually, that made me a hypocrite. But no longer! I am ready to be transparent before You and before my brothers and sisters. In my brokenness Your healing is coming. You are restoring the joy of my salvation.
The Lord will make our spirits new and create in us a clean heartPs 51:10-17
DAY 8The blessing of God is ready to come on those who are broken in spirit.
Psalm 34:17,18 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit [a spirit that has been trampled on].
· LORD, all my life Ive felt Im being trampled on. And whats even worse, Ive trampled on others. For what has happened to me, Im ready to receive it as from Your hand. Oh, sanctify it all in me! And please help me to be an instrument of grace to these others.
DAY 9When were in a trap we can open our spirit to the Lord and He will help us.
Psalm 31:4,5 Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for Thou art my strength. Into Thine hand I commit my spirit: Thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
· LORD, Im in a trap I cant get out of. I cant even think straight. I cry to You to pull me out. I yield my spirit to You. Please restore my spirit so l can begin thinking rightly and in line with Your Kingdom.
Even in the multitude of confusing thoughts, we can find comfort in the LordPs 94:17-19
DAY 10One whose spirit searches for the Lord will be satisfied with His wonders.
Psalm 77:6b,12-14 . . .1 commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search, .. .1 will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings. Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: Who is so great a God as our God! Thou art the God that doest wonders: Thou hast declared Thy strength among the people.
· FATHER, my spirit hungers after Your presence. I know I was created for communion with You. My sins have hindered this. But now I have repented and I yield to You. O, come, abide with me!
Even in the darkness of despair, we are learning to press through till we know His presence
DAY 11When it seems everyone around us misunderstands us, the Lord is near.
Psalm 56:5,6,8 Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil. They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul.... Thou tellest my wanderings: Put Thou my tears into Thy bottle: are they not in Thy Book?
· LORD, no one around understands why I seek You like I do. Its depressing when they find fault with me. But, I know that You understand. I have a strong confidence that You are bringing me through to know the power and glory of Your Kingdom.
Even the spirit that is overwhelmed can find rest in the LordPs 143:3-8
IN THE GREEK NEW TESTAMENT, EACH OF THE NEXT FOUR PASSAGES SPEAK OF THE LIE. In Gods Word we find the Truth that brings us to His Kingdom.
DAY 12We are learning to detect the lie and renounce its influence in us.
Romans 1:21,22,24 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations [logical reasonings], and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools... who changed the truth of God into a lie [they exchanged the truth of God for the lie].
· LORD, I renounce the lie that has come over on us. Without knowing, we have embraced it. We loved the way of falsehood because it reached for our carnality. Oh, forgive us, Your people I Forgive me! Give me a love of the truth. Give us a love of the truth.
We can see the end of the lieRom 1:18-32
DAY 13Holding on to the lie prevents us from hearing the Truth that is in Christ Jesus.
John 8:43,44 Why do ye not understand My speech? even because ye cannot hear My Word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do [you desire to do]. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie [the lie], he speaketh of his own [his own native language]: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
· DEAR LORD, I renounce falsehood. I put it away, in the Name of Jesus. Purge my heart and mind of all that has come from that lie born in Eden. I love the truth and want it to work through all my living.
Doing what God wants is better than all the world has to offerI Jn 2:16,17
DAY 14Putting away the lie prepares us to function in Christs body.
Ephesians 4:23-25 And be renewed in the spirit of our mind; and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, [the lie] speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
· LORD, I want to possess a way of thinking that fits me into Your body. I renounce the pride and suspicion that has brought a wall between me and others with whom I worship. You are setting me free to be anew person, a genuine person, and I praise You!
When our minds are made new we become ready to function in Christs bodyRom 12:1-5
DAY 15God will turn those who continue to hold the lie over to the energy of deception.
II Thessalonians 2:l0b-12 ...they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion [an energetic force of deception], that they should believe a lie: [the lie] That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
· DEAR LORD, I have renounced the lie and have opened myself to Your truth. Oh, draw me on to know You more fully! I am ready to embrace Your ways into all of my living. I praise You for holding me.
Good ministers learn to press through opposition to bring truth to their hearersII Tim 4:1-5
IT IS GODS WILL THAT EVERY PERSON KNOW THE TRUTH AND LIVE OUT OF ITS POWER. The Truth that brings us to His Kingdom is written in His Word.
DAY 16Whoever hears and understands the Word of the Kingdom bears its fruit.
Matthew 13:19,23 When anyone heareth the Word of the Kingdom and understandeth it not [does not apply it in life], then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.... But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the Word, and understandeth it [applies it to living]; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
· LORD, let me hear the Word of Your Kingdom. Let me know its power and life. Teach me to live out of the resources of Your Kingdom. I desire to show its life to those around me so they can know its power.
Gods saints speak often of His Kingdom as they live out of its resourcesPs 145:10-13
DAY 17We pray for our leaders to come to the full knowledge of the truth.
I Timothy 2:1-41 I exhort therefore that first of all supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men; for kings and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour: Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge [acknowledging] of the Truth.
· FATHER, Let truth come upon the Leaders of our land. Let it come upon our Pastors and Teachers. Set us all free from deception as You move in us and bring us all to a love of the truth. Let Your truth work its way into our lives.
The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all menTitus 2:11-14
DAY 18It is a serious thing to sin willfully after we receive the knowledge of the truth.
Hebrews 10:26,27 For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
· FATHER, I open myself to the searching of Your Spirit. I do not want any willful sin to remain in my life. Oh, I do not want anything remaining in me that is an offense to Your Kingdom! Let this be a day of searchingand cleansing.
A joyful deliverance awaits those who forsake sinPs 32:3-7
DAY 19In the perilous days of the end falsehood will become prevalent in all the earth.
II Timothy 3:1-5 This know also that in the last days perilous [hard, rugged, furious] times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, head highminded lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
· FATHER, please keep a close watch on my spirit. I do not want to become taken up with the sins that prevail in the latter days. Give me a discerning heart so I can know my own self. I do not want any iniquity to be at work in me, even in the smallest measure.
Spiritual blindness is a dreadful thing. but we can be free from its holdI Jn 2:10,11
DAY 20God desires His truth to reach all the way to our inward parts.
Psalm 26:2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; Try my reins and my heart.
Psalm 51:6 Behold, Thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
· FATHER, even though I have known You quite well, I ask You to search me and find anything in my that displeases You. The distress that has come over my spirit of late lets me know there is yet something in me that does not belong in Your Kingdom. Oh, I long for its purity!
Who shall ascend unto the hill of the Lord?Ps 24:3-5; Mt 5:8
DAY 21Sadly, there are those who will pervert Gods way as well as His Word.
I Timothy 1:5-7 Now the end of the commandment is charity [agápe love] out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: from which some having swerved [missed the mark] have turned aside unto vain jangling [empty talk]; desiring to be teachers of the Law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
· FATHER, let a discerning spirit come over on Your people so we wont be taken in by deceiving teachers. Let a love of the truth have hold of all our hearts. Draw us Your people on with deep conviction as to what is right in Your eyes for this awesome hour.
Here is how Paul prayed for believers that understanding might come in themEph 1:15-19
DAY 22Here Paul gives us instruction as to how our minds should think.
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
· FATHER, my mind has a tendency to think on things not lovely or good. I turn this over to You. Let Your Spirit form right thoughts in me. Give me a heart and a mind that is right for Your Kingdom.
What a mind with good thoughts will accomplish for a personPs 15:1-5
© Berean Ministries
P.O. Box 38
Elk Park, NC 28622-0038
Visit Us at http://www.maschil.com