in the Kingdom
THROUGHOUT THE WORD OF GOD, we find it is those who understand who waIT IS WHEN WE UNDERSTAND THE WORD OF THE KINGDOM THAT IT WILL GROW IN US. Thus, understanding becomes a mark of a son or daughter of the Kingdom.lk in God's light, His enabling grace and His abiding power. Therefore we pursue understanding in His Kingdom.
DAY 1—Having the understanding darkened will alienate us from the life of God.
Eph 4:17,18 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart. Ac 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
· FATHER, there’s been a lot of vanity and pride in me. My mind has been puffed up with vain thoughts. Please set me free from my foolish way of thinking. It has ruled me. With utmost humility, I bow before You and present to You my darkened understanding. Heal my ignorance. Remove my blindness. Purge my conscience.
Paul was commissioned of the Lord to minister light and understanding to the Gentiles Ac 26:15-19
DAY 2—Partaking of the world’s impurity will defile our understanding and conscience.
Tit 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind (the part that understands) and conscience (the part that knows one's self) is defiled.
· LORD, set me free from the defiling pull of the world. Work in me till I abhor its moral filth and greed. Let me not embrace any of it in my mind or conscience. Cleanse my mind so I can think right thoughts and become mature for Your Kingdom.
A wrong love for the world sets us at odds with what God wants with us I Jn 2:15; II TIm 4:10
DAY 3—The Lord will impart understanding, but we must give up our stubbornness.
Ps 32:8,9 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with Mine eye. Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
· FATHER, I am ready for Your instruction. Too long I’ve been stubborn and foolish. I’ve lived without restraint and done what I’ve felt like doing. Now I give my heart to You to place in it an understanding of Your ways. I want the rule of Your Kingdom to guide me.
A Kingdom person has given up his own understanding to acknowledge God s way Pro 3:1-10
DAY 4—In our development, we lift up our voices in supplication for understanding.
Pro 2:3-5,9 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge. and liftest up thy voice for understanding: if thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures: then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God ... Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.
· FATHER, my understanding is weak. It seems always to run from me and I am left in the dark. But I am learning to cry unto You to help me understand. Oh, give me an understanding heart! Help me understand the ways of Your Kingdom. While You’re working in me today, help me know and understand Your purpose for me in Your Kingdom.
Wisdom with understanding is of more value than all this world's treasures Pro 3:11-23
DAY 5—Understanding will develop within us as we give ourselves to studying the Bible.
Ps 119:104,105 Through Thy Precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Ps 19:7 The Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the Testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
· DEAR LORD, I love Your Word, but darkness and worry try to keep me from it. Sometimes I think my mind is too dull to grasp much of it. Oh, bring Your Spirit upon me to help me grasp its meaning and yield to what it says for my life! Enable me with Your grace to walk in its light.
The instruction God gives in His Word will make us ready for life in His Kingdom Ps 19:7-14
DAY 6—When we desire the rule of God’s Kingdom, here is the way we may pray.
Ps 119:27, 34, 125, 144 Make me to understand the way of Thy Precepts: so shall I talk of Thy wondrous works.... Give me understanding and I shall keep Thy Law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart…I am Thy servant; give me understanding that I may know Thy Testimonies.... The righteousness of Thy Testimonies is everlasting: give me understanding and I shall live.
· LORD, my cry before You has come to be for understanding. Give me the light that comes from Your Precepts. Help me comprehend Your Law so I can walk uprightly. Bring upon me a new release of Your grace for what I am facing today. Help me give utter heed to Your Testimonies in this trial upon me.
In the midst of this world's darkness we can arise to walk in The light of the Lord Isa 60:1-5, 19
DAY 7—In our preparation for God’s call and purpose, He will open our understanding.
Lk 24:45 Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the Scriptures. I Jn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know Him that is true, and we are in Him that is true, even in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal Life.
· FATHER, my understanding, though still limited, is growing. Please increase it within me. I have given my heart to You, to seek wisdom and understanding. Let Your Spirit of wisdom and revelation move within my spirit to make me ready for Your Kingdom’s call.
In the Lord Jesus Christ we find wisdom and understanding I Cor 1:30; I Cor 2:16
IF WE ALLOW THE WORLD WITH ITS DISTRACTIONS TO CROWD IN UPON US. OUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE KINGDOM WILL DIMINISH. Thus, the god of this world will impose his rule upon us.
DAY 8—As we grow in Kingdom life we must take heed lest the world crowd in upon us.
Mk 4:19 And the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the Word. and it becometh unfruitful. Jn 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
· LORD, the world has made a bid for my heart and soul. Please set me free from its inordinate pull. Please help me find a balance in my affairs of life so I can live the life of a Kingdom person.
God sets our example as to how we should love the world I Jn 4:9-17; Jn 3:16
DAY 9—The grace of God will teach us how to live in this present world.
Tit 2:11-13 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
· FATHER, let Your grace come over all my life. Let it teach me how to live in the world that is becoming evil on every hand. Let it show me how to respond to the people who don’t know You. Let it guide me in my affairs of business. Let Your grace come through in my relationships with the people I live with.
The grace of God will set us free from the dominion of sin Rom 6:12-16
DAY 10—As King, our Lord’s judgment on the world will be in righteousness.
Ps 9:7-9 But the LORD shall endure for ever: He hath prepared His throne for judgement. And He shall judge the world in righteousness, He shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness. The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
· DEAR LORD, I am feeling more and more alienated from the world, but I feel closer to You. Thank You for teaching me that my only sure provision is in You. My only hope of future security is in You. The only sure foundation I have for living is in You. My trust in You is growing.
Oh, the blessings of those who forsake the evil of this world to place their trust in the Lord Ps 32:1-7
DAY 11—Christ Jesus Who is our Lord is also the Light of the World.
Jn 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the Light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of Life. Jn 12:46 I am come a Light into the world, that whosoever believeth on Me should not abide in darkness.
· LORD JESUS, You are my Light. Thank You for bringing Your radiance on this path in which I’m now walking. It would be so dark without You! Let Your light fill all my inner being. Let it shine through me for others to see. Let me be a light in the dark place I live and work.
A great light is shining for the people who walk in darkness Is 9:2; Jn 12:35,36; Eph 5:14
DAY 12—For those who know God’s Kingdom, darkness will give way to light.
Isa 58:10,11 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul: then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day. And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
· LORD, let Your love and mercy flow through me to the people around me who are needy and hungry. Open my ears to hear their cry. Open my eyes to see their depravity. Open my heart to feel their wounds and the hurt of their sores—even what they keep hidden. Thus, make me a Kingdom person.
We take note of the quality in those who will inherit the Kingdom with Christ Mt 25:34-40
DAY 13—The spirit of anti-Christ is in the world to dissuade us from our trust in Christ.
I Tim 4:1-3 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: and every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
· GRACIOUS LORD, release a discerning spirit in me. Help me recognize the spirits of anti-Christ, even when they come cloaked in religious garb and speak religious words. Draw me so close to You that none of them can deceive me. Now, draw these I hold before You into this same place.
God dealt severely with those who would deceive His people Deut 13:1-5
DAY 14—We become overcomers when we know the One dwelling in us is greatest of all.
I Jn 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world. I Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in Him, and He in us, because He hath given us of His Spirit.
· LORD, it has been my tendency to look to others for moral strength and encouragement. This has opened me to anti-Christ spirits and I’ve been let down more than once. Now, please teach me to depend on Your indwelling Spirit. I want You to guide me and teach me the ways of Your Kingdom.
God is ready to show Himself strong on behalf of those who love Him supremely II Ki 6:11-19
DAY 15—Even in the midst of perversity, and adversity, we are set to shine as lights.
Phil 2:14-16a Do all things without murmurings and disputings: that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; holding forth the word of life...
· FATHER, please let right character develop in me. I want to shine as a light right where I am in this world. Deal with everything in me that sometimes makes me cross and irritable toward others who don’t know You. As a child of Your Kingdom, teach me not to argue and quarrel and defend myself.
Jesus has set us to shine in the world Mt 5:11-16
WE ARE PLANTED IN THE FIELDS OF THE WORLD TO SPREAD THE LIGHT OF CHRIST’S KINGDOM. As the enemy opposes the spread of the Kingdom in us personally, he will oppose its spread in the world.
DAY 16—Wherever we are in the world, we are there for the purposes of His Kingdom.
Mt 13:24,37,38a Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field... He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man: the field is the world: the good seed are the children of the Kingdom... Mk 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
· LORD, I need Your help right where lam. I have given up complaining and arguing with You about my situation. Help me see, even in my trouble, it as my place of present planting. Let the light and 4.fe of Your Kingdom begin to come forth in me.
Persecution was the means whereby the early Gospel was spread Ac 8:1-6
DAY 17—The enemy opposes God’s Kingdom. He will oppose the Gospel of the Kingdom.
Mt 13:25, 38b,39a But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.... the tares are the children of the wicked one: the enemy that sowed them is the devil... II Cor 11:14 And no marvel: for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness: whose end shall be according to their works.
· LORD, I cry unto You for a discerning of spirits. Many strange and diverse things go on in Your Name that it confuse me. While I don’t consider myself a judge, at least help me know what is born of Your Spirit so I can give myself to what is right.
Persecution from the world was the means whereby the early Gospel was spread Ac 8:1-6
DAY 18—It is the enemy’s intention to spread corruption in God’s Kingdom.
Mt 13:26-28a But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. Gal 3:la O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth...?
· FATHER, give me a right attitude toward those around me who may, or may not, have been planted by the devil. Since I am not to be the judge, let the light and the love You are imparting to me reach through me to them. Perchance, they will repent.
We are warned not to partake of strife and divisions Rom 16:17,18; Jas 3:14-16
DAY 19—The corrupt seed, with the good seed, will abide till the end of the age.
Mt 13:28b-30a . . . The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.... Let both grow together until the harvest... I Cor 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come. Who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
· FATHER, give me patience with the evil around me. Let me not take things into my own hands to deal with it. Teach me to live in the midst of it while drawing on the resources of Your Kingdom. Give me a love and compassion for those who partake of this world’s evil, while I myself reject it.
We are not set to judge The world, but to keep our own selves free from its impurity I Cor 5:7-13
DAY 20—The children of the Kingdom will then shine in the field of their planting.
Mt 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the Kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament: and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. I Cor 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
· FATHER, I have given myself to the authority of Your Kingdom. Help me be steadfast and unmovable in my devotion to You. Teach me to stand firm in faith and confession that Your Kingdom is triumphant even when I see the work of the enemy on every hand. Help me to believe unconditionally even when things seem wrong.
Those that wait on the Lord shall inherit the earth Ps 37:1-9
EACH MONTH, we have enough room only for about three weeks of prayer starters. We hope in the remaining days you will go over them again. Reread the Scriptures. Pray the prayers again. Let them work their way deeper into your heart and mind.
© Berean Ministries
P.O. Box 38
Elk Park, NC 28622-0038
Visit Us at http://www.maschil.com