The Holy Spirit and
Our God Consciousness
—His Work in Us to Make us Fit for God’s Kingdom
We pray...That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth,and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge
…that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19
This month we look at…
• What the Holy Spirit did in the Lord Jesus is an Indication of what He will do in us His Body.
• Now we will consider the seven marks of character the Holy Spirit released in Jesus. We acknowledge how each mark will have effect in our lives as we submit to Him as our Head.
• As we are being prepared for Christ's rule on earth, the Holy Spirit is anointing His body for its part in His Kingdom. Isaiah 61:1-3 describes the sevenfold purpose at this anointing. It made Jesus useful for His Father's purpose--and will make us useful for His Kingdom.
• In John, Chapters l4 through 16, the Lord Jesus spoke about the Holy Spirit Who would come after He returned to His Father. Through several days we will consider what He said and open ourselves to its Power.
DAY 1—God gave His Spirit to Jesus without measure.
Isaiah 11:1,2 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of His roots: and the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him...
John 3:34,35 For He whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto Him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into His hand.
• FATHER, I yield to You and to Your Spirit Who came without measure upon the Lord Jesus. I have nothing to offer but an empty and open vessel. Yet, help me deeply desire all the Holy Spirit wants to do in me.
We behold the anointing of God’s Holy Son—Is 42:1-9; Mt 3:16, 17
DAY 2—A prophetic anointing rested upon Him.
Isaiah 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding...
Revelations 19:9a, 10 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the ...... And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
• FATHER, I yield to Your Son as The Great Prophet of Your Kingdom. He alone has the skill and discernment to direct my life. I yield to Your Spirit as You release in me the testimony of Jesus which is the Spirit of Prophecy.
Wisdom and understanding come to us through the Lord Jesus
—I Cor 1:30; Eph 1:17,18; Col 2:1-3
DAY 3—The kingly anointing came upon Him.
Is 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him,... the Spirit of counsel and might...
Jeremiah 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper; and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.• FATHER, I yield to Your Son as the King of my life. I receive the wisdom and the courage He releases toward me. With Him as my King, I acknowledge there is no force from the enemy that can overcome me or weaken me. As He reigns in me, teach me to reign in life through Him.
His grace brings a kingly anointing to us—Rom 5:10-17.
DAY 4—A priestly anointing came upon Him.
Isaiah 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him,...the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.
Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.• FATHER, I see now that Your Son is my great High Priest. What delight I have in knowing Him Who has brought me to You! I yield to the supernatural knowledge You have given Him regarding my life. I am ready for Him to direct me into Your high purpose for me.
Let us consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession—Heb 3:1-14.
Now we will consider the seven marks of character the Holy Spirit released in Jesus. We acknowledge how each mark will have effect in our lives as we submit to Him as our Head.
DAY 5—The mark of the fear of God was upon Him.
Isaiah 11:2,3 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him... and shall make Him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD. (Literally: "His delight shall be in the fear of the Lord")• FATHER, if an awesome respect for Your will delighted the Lord Jesus, then I want it to become my delight. May my fear of You become the treasure of my life as my one goal becomes to do Your will.
Isaiah 33:6 And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.
The one goal of Jesus was to do His Father’s will—Jn 4:34; Jn 5:30; Jn 6:38.
DAY 6—He held to the mark of righteous judgment.
Isaiah 1:3b …and He shall not judge after the sight of His eyes...
John 8:15, 16 Ye judge after the flesh; 1 judge no man. And yet if I judge, My judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent Me.
• FATHER, my tendency is to judge after the sight of the eyes. 0, Mighty Judge, set me free from this. Work into me the kind of judgment that came from the Lord Jesus. Let the counsel and wisdom of Your Spirit find release in me toward those whom I have judged.
Righteous judgment can come through us when the Holy Spirit works in us—Is 28:5,6; I Cor 2:12-16.
DAY 7—He held to the mark of wisdom from above.
Isaiah 11:3 … and he shall not judge after the sight of His eyes, neither reprove ("make decisions") after the hearing of His ears...
Jn 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father hath taught Me, I speak these things.
• DEAR FATHER, I renounce my tendency to make decisions quickly without listening for Your voice. Teach me to wait before You till I hear You. Let the decisions and responses of my heart be in accordance with what You want—especially when I stand before an adversary.
Like Jesus, we too can receive wisdom from above—Lk 12:12; Lk 21:15; Ac 6:8-10; Jas 1:5,6.
DAY 8—Another mark of His character was in the justice He showed toward the poor.
Isaiah 11 :4a But with righteousness shall He judge ("obtain justice for") the poor ("those made weak by poverty and oppression")...
Psalm 72:4 He shall judge the poor of the people, He shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.
• FATHER, teach me Your judgments. Release in me the kind of compassion You have toward the poor of the earth. Show me those around me whom I have judged, but to whom You are ready to extend mercy.
There will be an end-time movement of God’s Spirit in behalf of the poor—Lk 14:16-24.
DAY 9—He held the mark of integrity in government.
Isaiah 11:4 But with righteousness shall He judge the poor; and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth...
Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon His kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever:
• LORD, the decisions I make often tend toward my own desires. Sometimes I make decisions according to an unholy force that drives me. I renounce this evil force. I give myself over to the integrity of Your Government.
Integrity will preserve us—Ps 25:21; Ps 26:1; Ps 41:9-12.
DAY 10—A mark of His Kingdom will be in His righteous judgment upon the nations.
Isaiah 11:4c …and He shall smite the earth with the rod of His mouth...
Revelations 19:15 And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
• FATHER, the government of Your Son is awesome. I want to be rightly related to it. I want to stand in the day He brings correction to the nations and sets up the righteous order of Your Kingdom. Search out and correct everything in me that opposes His rule.
A Prophet tells of the coming Kingdom—Isa 2:1-4, 10-17.
DAY 11—Yet another mark upon His Kingdom will be His judgment of the wicked one.
Isaiah 11:4d, 5 ... and with the breath of His lips shall He slay the wicked (one). And righteousness shall be the girdle of His loins, and faithfulness the girdle of His reins.
II Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that wicked (one) be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming.
• LORD, I take my refuge in Your bosom. I rest in the security of Your love. I receive the peace of Your presence. I trust You for the day when You will take vengeance on the wicked one and You set up Your new order on earth.
We see what will happen when the wicked one shall be removed—Rev 21:1-8.
DAY 12—We receive an anointing to preach the good news to the meek.
Isaiah 61:la The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me; because the LORD hath anointed Me to preach good tidings unto the meek...
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
• FATHER, thank You for sending Your Spirit to help us proclaim the Gospel. Thank You for anointing that One who brought its message to me. Now, may the anointing of Your Spirit help me spread the Word to others.
We behold the power of the Gospel—Rom 1:15-17; II Tim 1:8-10.
DAY 13—We receive anointing to heal wounded hearts.
Isaiah 61:lb …He hath sent Me to bind up the brokenhearted...
Psalm 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.• LORD, thank You for calling me even when I had wounds in my heart. Thank You for healing me—to the extent I have been healed. Now, I open myself to Your Spirit for more healing. Please reach the hurts that have been long buried but that remain like weights in my soul.
Personal wounds become profitable to those who minister the Gospel—Is 57:15; II Cor 1:3-9.
DAY 14—We receive anointing to set captives free.
Isaiah 61:lc …He hath sent Me… to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.
Isaiah 42:6,7 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
• DEAR LORD, as I become free from my own private prison, release in me compassion for those who remain in theirs. Set Your Spirit to moving in me that I may become an instrument of deliverance to those who are bound.
DAY 15—We receive an anointing to proclaim the freedom of the Year of Jubilee.
Isaiah 61:la,2a ... the LORD hath anointed Me to... He hath sent Me...to proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD...
Isaiah 49:8,9a Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and 1 will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages; that thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Show yourselves...
• LOVING FATHER, I thank You that when I came to You through Jesus, You accepted me. That was my "Year of Jubilee"—my "acceptable time." I rejoice in my acceptance into Your house. Let Your anointing upon me increase to help me proclaim this freedom to others.
The Year of Jubilee is the Acceptable Year of the Lord—Lev 25:8-13; II Cor 6:2
DAY 16—We receive an anointing to proclaim the Day of God’s Vengeance.
Isaiah 61:1a,2c ... the LORD hath anointed Me ... he hath sent Me... to proclaim ... the Day of Vengeance of our God...
II Thessalonians 1:7, 8a And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God...
• FATHER, I thank You that Your wrath against my sin is satisfied in Jesus. I am free from its judgment. Oh, what grace You have shown me! Anoint me. Give me fearless boldness to make known to others how the death of Jesus alone can satisfy Your vengeance against sin.
DAY 17—We receive an anointing to comfort all that mourn.
Isaiah 61:1,2d ... the LORD hath anointed Me... he hath sent Me... to comfort all that mourn...
II Corinthians 1:3,4 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
• FATHER what comfort has come to me through Your love! Thank You for loving me in my sinful need. Now, make me an instrument of comfort to others. Let the mercy You have shown me move through me to touch someone else. Let Your comfort come through me to someone I know who is grieving and mournful.
DAY 18—We receive anointing to bring order in Zion.
Isaiah 61:1,3a ... the LORD hath anointed Me... He hath sent Me…to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion...
Luke 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as My Father hath appointed unto Me.
Titus 1:5 For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee.
• DEAR LORD, I am grieved that so much of my life has been spent performing my own purposes. Forgive me. Now I put away this grief. I thank You that You have a definite purpose for me in Your Kingdom. Bring Your clear appointment over upon my life so 1 can walk freely—and joyfully—knowing I lam in Your will.
DAY 19—We receive anointing to bring restoration.
Isaiah 61:1,3b …the LORD hath anointed Me...He hath sent Me...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness...
John 16:20b ... and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
• FATHER, beauty has come to my life through the anointing. Help me spread this to those whose lives are in shambles. Make me an instrument of peace and healing for those who are bound under a spirit of heaviness.
In Zion’s restoration we can find our restoration—Is 51:1-3; 1552:7-10; Is 58:8-12
DAY 20—The Holy Spirit is an abiding Comforter.
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever.
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
• FATHER, I am ready to yield to Your Spirit Who has come to abide with me. What a comfort this is! Deal with anything in me that would quench His movement in me. Show me what grieves Him in my life so I can put it away and become useful in Your Kingdom.
DAY 21—As the Spirit of Truth, He dwells with us.
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
• FATHER, I love Your truth. Help me grow in my understanding of it. Give me discernment as to what is truth and what is not truth. Let the truth You release in me establish my soul in humility before Your Throne.
DAY 22—As our great Teacher, He guides us into truth.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things...
John 16:13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself, but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will show you things to come.
• FATHER, work in me a meek and teachable spirit. Teach me to wait before You, to listen for Your voice, to heed what You say. I renounce the spirit of falsehood as I am yielding to the truth of Your eternal Kingdom.
DAY 23—As our Reminder, the Holy Spirit keeps before us what Jesus has said.
John 14:26b …He shall …bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 2:22 When therefore He was risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this unto them; and they believed the Scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.
• FATHER, today may Your Spirit work in my mind. Please bring to my remembrance things You taught me in the past. Help me, as I meditate on You and Your Word, to bring what You taught me over into my daily living.
We need His help for we are prone to forget—Mt 16:5-12
DAY 24—As the Great Witness, He enables us to witness.
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, Whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, Which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify (bear witness) of Me.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
• FATHER, impress it upon my me that You have empowered me by Your Spirit to testify of Your Son. Move through me to bear witness faithfully to all with whom I have contact. May they learn of Him both through my words and by my actions—by what I say and what I am.
We find how a testimony Is born—I John 1:1-3
DAY 25—As our Convicter, He helps us overcome sin.
John 16:8 And when He is come, He will reprove (convict) the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.
Jude 21-23 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a diference; And others save with fear; pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
• FATHER, continue convicting me of all that displeases You in my life. My desire is to have a pure heart. When the great movement of conviction comes from Your Spirit. I want to be one who can help sinners as they turn to You.
DAY 26—As our Guide, He gives not His Own directions but what he receives from God.
John 16:13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak.
Romans 8:27 And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
• O GREAT FATHER, guide me by Your Spirit. I know not what lies ahead so I have no ability to direct my own way. I look to You. I trust You to direct my paths. I wait on the guidance of Your Spirit to make my way clear with the wisdom of Your Kingdom.
As God’s Spirit He gives us God’s wisdom—I Cor 2:12-16
DAY 27—By prophecy, He reveals to us the future.
John 16:13b ...and He will show you things to come.
Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
• LORD, since You alone know the future, I submit my all to You. Bring me what revelation and understanding You will. I seek not visions, only Your presence. But if You have a vision to show me, I will receive it joyfully. Give me the understanding I need for the future.
We see what the Holy Spirit reveals—I Tim 4:1-3; II Tim 3:1-5
DAY 28—He is a Transmitter Who glorifies Jesus.
John 16:14 He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall show it unto you. All things that the Father hath are Mine: therefore said I that He shall take of Mine, and shall show it unto you.
• FATHER, I long to know more of Your Son Jesus. Teach me by Your Spirit how to regard Him. Bring me into a relationship with Him that can withstand every attack of the adversary. Enable me to make Him known to others.
We pray to know the things of Jesus—Eph 1:15-23
© Berean Ministries
P.O. Box 38
Elk Park, NC 28622-0038
Visit Us at http://www.maschil.com