Discovering the Rule of God’s
LAST MONTH, in The Settling of Our Souls for the Kingdom, we reviewed all of Paul’s Prison Epistle Prayers. We found they work toward the release in us of the light and life of God’s eternal Kingdom. Here we will review each petition again as we let the depth of each one find its release in us. But first, we will spend a few days with Ephesians 1:3-14. It lays out some of the insight made known to Paul by the resurrected Christ.
THE "MAGNA CHARTA" OF GOD’S KINGDOM LIES IN EPHESIANS 1:3-14. Even though the word "kingdom" does not occur, the triumph of it and its reach to include us achieves its finest statement herein.
DAY 1—All our blessing is settled in Christ Jesus.
Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ... Ps 72:17 His Name shall endure for ever: His Name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed.
• DEAR LORD, forgive me for seeking so much blessing in things. Forgive me for seeing from the perspective of an earthbound soul and counting blessings in what we have in creature comforts. Draw me to see my blessing all complete in Christ. Then I can triumph in every trial that comes upon me.
Even in the Abrahamic Covenant a blessing is pronounced for all peoples—Gen 12:1-3
DAY 2—Our being chosen for the Kingdom, both Jew and Gentile, is settled in Christ.
Eph 1:4 According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love... Ac 13:47,48 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the Word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
• FATHER, I see I have nothing to commend me for placement in the ranks of Your Kingdom, other than my trust in Your Son. Please let the light and grace that comes from my union with Him shine forth today. Make me into a Kingdom person in whom others can behold Him even as I walk in the world.
We are to shine as lights In the world—Phil 2:14-16
DAY 3—Our ordination, our adoption, our acceptance for God’s Kingdom is all in Christ.
Eph 1:5-7 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the Beloved, in Whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace...
• FATHER, thank You for accepting me as a child into Your royal household. Please help me bring praise to this amazing grace in which You have received me. Because of it, and in it, I want to walk in the perfect will that Your Kingdom demands.
Christ Jesus has become our Captain to bring us into the glory of God’s Kingdom—Heb 2:10-15
DAY 4—In His wisdom, it is His grace that has made us acceptable to do His will.
Eph 1:8,9... Wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; having made known unto us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He hath purposed in Himself...
• FATHER, Your Kingdom so exceeds our understanding that only Your grace could equip us for it. I yield today to that grace—saving grace, enabling grace, healing grace, ministerial grace. Let it bring me forward in Your purpose for my life. And please carry this work on for these I hold before You.
Through His firstborn Son, we are brought into a glorious place in God’s household—Rom 8:27-32
DAY 5—The Administration of all Government will eventually come under the Head of Christ.
Eph 1:10 …That in the dispensation (governmental administration) of the fullness of times He might gather together in One all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him...
• DEAR LORD, this is awesome to me, that all earth’s government will finally come under Your administration. I desire for this to take place in my life now. Rule in me—my will, my emotions, my mind, my conscience. I want to become a Kingdom person.
The initial reaction of the nations will be anger when all the Government comes under Christ—Ps 2:1-3: Rev 11:15-18
DAY 6—Our inheritance and our ordination in God’s Kingdom will work toward bringing all glory to Him.
Eph 1:11,12 In Whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him Who worketh all things after the counsel of His Own will: that we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ.
• FATHER, I’ve always wanted to live in a way that would bring glory to Your Name. But, oh, so often I’ve failed! I’m trusting now in Your grace to take the things of my life that have been a shame to You and redeem them for Your glory. Search me and set me free from every thing grievous to Your Kingdom.
All the counsels of the ages will come under the dominion of our Lord to Whom we have submitted our souls—Rev 4:10-5:5
DAY 7—The Holy Spirit’s present work is the earnest of our inheritance in God’s Eternal Kingdom.
Eph 1:13,14 In Whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the Word of truth, the Gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.
• FATHER, let me live as a person sealed unto the inheritance You have given me in Your Kingdom. Let my thoughts, my responses, my words, my actions reflect Your glory. Even today, let Your glory find release in me.
Like John, we learn to decrease that the One to Whom God has given all things might increase—Jn 3:29-35
FROM PAUL’S FIRST PRAYER WE LEARN TO PRAY IN THE LIGHT OF CHRIST’S RESURRECTION. The Life He released for us is Life from the Throne. It is ready to find release in us in response to our supplications.
DAY 8—We claim the spirit of wisdom and revelation that will make us useful in Christ’s Kingdom.
Eph 1:15-17 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge (acknowledgment) of Him...
• LORD, thank you for the people who shed light on my path. Thankyoufor the privilege of praying for the ones who are still alive on earth. I call their names before You. Bring Your Spirit upon them with fresh wisdom for this hour. Bring to us all a revelation of the life that came out of Your resurrection that will make us useful in Your Kingdom today.
Wisdom is The principle thing necessary as we enter our walk in The Kingdom—Pro 4:1-12
DAY 9—We claim the opening of our spiritual eyes that the certainty of God’s calling upon us will be perfected for Christ’s Kingdom.
Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling... Isa. 42:6,71 the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
• FATHER, the hope of Your calling upon my life has grown weak in me. I lay this weakness before You. Please let the grace and the power of Christ’s resurrection come upon me and renew Your calling. Help me live in the certainty of what You want.
Living once without hope, we now have a steadfast hope in Christ—Eph 2:11-13
DAY 10—We claim the opening of our spiritual eyes so we may know what is the inheritance the Lord holds in us.
Eph 1: 18a The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is...the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints... Eph 1:11 In Whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him Who worketh all things after the counsel of His Own will...
• FATHER, Your inheritance is in us and our inheritance is in You. What a wonder! What a glorious mystery! You have Your great value in us and we have our great value in You. Open our understanding to grasp this. Train us to walk in this light, even in this present darkness and conflict.
We learn to live in submission to this world’s government while in submission to Christ—I Pet 2:9-14
DAY 11—We claim the opening of our spiritual eyes so we may know wherein lies the great power of God’s Kingdom.
Eph 1:18a,19,20 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power, which He wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and set Him at His Own right hand in the heavenly places...
• LORD, it is beyond the ability of my mind to understand Your Kingdom’s power. But, oh, I need that power now! My weakness is too great to allow me to go on, unless Your ability comes upon me. I ask now for mental strength, emotional strength, physical strength, spiritual strength. Fill me now.
A Prophetic Vision regarding Power—Zech 4:1-7
FROM PAUL’S SECOND PRAYER WE LEARN TO PRAY IN THE LIGHT OF THE MYSTERY OF GOD’S GRACE. The government of all the nations will come under the authority of God’s Kingdom manifest in His grace.
DAY 12—We claim that the government of our inner man will come under the authority of Christ’s Government.
Eph 3:14- 17a For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of Whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened ("governed") with might by His Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith...
• DEAR LORD, I am ready for the government of my inner man to come under the authority of Your Kingdom. I renounce the darkness and oppression that has ruled in me since I was a child. Please bring the fire of Your Spirit to consume the pain and trash I’ve carried in my spirit. I want my life to be a proper and clean dwelling place for You in Your Kingdom.
It was the passion of David, with whom God made The Covenant for His Kingdom, That his Lord would have a proper habitation—Ps 132:1-5
DAY 13—We claim that the love of Christ, necessary for function in His Kingdom, will find its release in us.
Eph 3:17b-19 ...that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge...
• DEAR LORD, even after years of serving You, the foundation of my is sometimes unstable. I still carry the hurts and disappointments of childhood. I still rely on others to give me emotional strength, and they nearly always fail. My mental capacities are never entirely adequate. I have carnal tendencies that still try and rule me. But, I am now ready for Your love to wipe the slate of my life clean of all this so You can rule in me without hindrance.
He is ready to make a feast for us with love—Song of Sol 2:1-4
DAY 14—We claim the completion of His life in us so we can be complete for His Kingdom.
Eph 3:19b ...that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God. Col 2:10 And ye are complete in Him, Which is the Head of all principality and power.
• FATHER, I’ve sought my completeness everywhere but in Your Son. I sought it in the world, in companions, in lovers, in my family, in my vocation, and in my hobbies. They have all failed to make me complete. But now, I am seeking my completion in Your Son. Draw me on into knowing Him fully.
David helps us in our cry—Ps 17:1-8
FROM PAUL’S THIRD PRAYER WE LEARN TO PRAY THAT OUR LIVES WILL BECOME FIT FOR FUNCTION IN CHRIST’S KINGDOM. Our inner parts must be clean and our responses right for the purposes of His Kingdom.
DAY 15—We claim the purifying of our love that our discernment may be right for the Kingdom of Christ.
Phil 1:9,l0a And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment (discernment); that ye may approve things that are excellent...
• FATHER, my love has been emotionally based. I’ve responded to others on the basis of how they respond to me. Purify this part of me so I can respond on the basis of Your love. Let Your love abound in me as I deal with people, even those in the world who don’t know You. Let my discernment of people and things around me become pure. Let my judgments be right and in line with the judgments of Your Throne.
Here is the hope for us who will live In The power of His love—Rev 7:15-17
DAY 16—We want to be sincere and without offence for His Kingdom.
Phil 1:l0b,11 . . .that ye may be sincere and without offence till the Day of Christ; being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God. I Cor 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
• LORD, as You make me a Kingdom person, let nothing remain in me that is an offense to You. With love toward everyone, help me become utterly sincere, with no hypocrisy. Please help me become a soul in whom there will be no stumbling block, ever. When people meet me, let them meet Your Kingdom.
Jesus reveals the fruit of Kingdom living—Mt 5:3-10
FROM PAUL’S FOURTH PRAYER WE LEARN TO PRAY THAT OUR WHOLE LIVES WILL BECOME WORTHY FOR GOD’S KINGDOM. The understanding of what He wants will become settled with us and we can walk constantly in a manner pleasing to him.
DAY 17—We want to know what God’s desire is so we can walk worthy of His Kingdom.
Col 1:9,10 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge (acknowledgment) of God.
• FATHER GOD, teach me to walk worthy of Your Kingdom. I am ready for the perfection of Your will in every part of my life. Please give me wisdom and understanding born of Your Spirit so I can walk with assurance in the path You have ordained for me.
We cooperate with the Lord in The searching of our hearts—Ps 138:23; Jer 17:10; Lam 3:40
DAY 18—We desire to know the dominion of His glory in our inner man.
Col 1:11 . . . Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power ("enabled with all enabling power, according to the dominion of His glory working in you"), unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness...
• DEAR LORD, for too long I’ve lived on a low plain. I have drawn my strength from failing resources. I’ve come to the place I can no longer rely on my own strength, or on the strength and faithfulness of others. This is good. Now I can find the resources of Your Kingdom. Show me the dominion of Your glory at work in me, and in others around me.
We see both David’s and Paul’s testimonies in This regard—Ps 18:30-35; II Cor 12:7-10
DAY 19—We give thanks to the Father Who has drawn us into an inheritance in the light.
Col 1:12 . . . Giving thanks unto the Father, Which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in (the) light...
• FATHER, today I rejoice in Your grace. Apart from it, I could have no inheritance in Your Kingdom. I could never measure up, or qualify, for what You have in store for me. Thank You for not giving up on me. Thank You for not leaving me when I was bad. Please continue with Your work of grace in me—and in these I hold before You.
It pleases the Lord when we minister to Him in the least ones of mankind—Mt 25:34-40
DAY 20—We bless the Lord Who has delivered us from the authority of darkness to give us an inheritance in His Son’s Kingdom.
Col 1:13 . . . Who hath delivered us from the power of (the) darkness, and hath translated (transferred) us into the Kingdom of His dear Son... I Pet 1:3,4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Which according to His abundant mercy hat/i begotten us again unto a lively (living) hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you...
• DEAR LORD, I bless Your Name and praise You for setting me free from the darkness that had so great a hold in me. What a work of grace You have done! I yield now to the rule of Your Kingdom. Let its light and power possess my being. And, let that light with its power come through me to shine on others.
Paul’s closing admonition to the Elders from Ephesus pertained to the Kingdom of God—Ac 20:17-32
© Berean Ministries
P.O. Box 38
Elk Park, NC 28622-0038
Visit Us at http://www.maschil.com