The Dynamics of Christ’s Resurrection
FOUR DIMENSIONS OF POWER worked to bring about the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul used four distinct Greek words relating to each of these in Eph 1:19 in his praying for believers. They are dúnamis, the dynamic power of a miracle and ability; enérgei, the power of active energy; krátos, the power of government and dominion; and ischúos, the power of fortification and strength. In his Epistles he expected that each of these should be released in the lives of believers.
THE DYNAMIC POWER (dúnamis) OF THE RESURRECTION.
This is the power of a miracle, the power of transformation,
as well as the enabling power for witnessing.
DAY 1—The Removal of Unbelief
Mt 13:58 And He did not many MIGHTY WORKS (dúnamis) there because of their unbelief. Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
· LORD, I confess this unbelief in me that has hindered the release of Your power in our midst. I renounce it and say I am ready to believe You utterly. Release Your faith in meand in these I hold before You. Only a miracle from You can help anyone of us.
Release from UnbeliefMk 6:5,6; Mk 9:23,24
DAY 2Getting the Attention of Jesus
Mk 5:30,34 And Jesus, immediately knowing in Himself that VIRTUE (dúnamis) had gone out of Him turned Him about in the press, and said, Who touched My clothes? ... And He said unto her, Daughter thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace and be whole of thy plague.
· LORD, I feel helpless as that woman who touched Your clothes. I need a miracle for healing as much as she did. I know you are near and I reach to You. Let Your virtue come to me as it did to her that day.
Healing for everyoneLk 6:17-19; Lk 9:37-43
DAY 3Bringing Others to Jesus
Lk 5:17b,18,25 .. .and the POWER (dúnamis) of the Lord was present to heal them. And behold men brought in a bed a man which was taken with a palsy: and they sought means to bring him in. and to lay him before Him (Jesus).... And immediately he rose up before them, and took up that whereon he lay, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.
· FATHER, here is a sick one. Hes feeble in his spirit and has given up the thought that he can be healed. I hold him in Your presence. Now, here is another...
The Power to Forgive and to HealMt 9:2-8
DAY 4Power in Place of Weakness
II Cor 12:9 And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My STRENGTH (dúnamis) is made perfect (brought to its fullness) in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
·LORD, if weakness makes someone a candidate for Your power, then I am a candidate! Move through me. Overcome the moral weakness in me, the physical weakness, the emotional weakness, the spiritual weakness. Please make me a vessel for Your power.
The Coming of StrengthIs 35:3-10
DAY 5Waiting on God for Power
Lk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with POWER (dúnamis) from on high.
· LORD, release in me a strong desire to wait on You till Im endued with Your Power. Convict me to know how important it is to wait on You till Your Spirit moves in me and through me. I hold these others before You. Make us all desire Your Spirits fullness.
The Promise of PowerLk 24:44-49
DAY 6The Power of Gods Spirit
Ac 1:8 But ye shall receive POWER, (dúnamis) after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
· LORD, I yield to Your Spirit Who has come to dwell within us. I long for Him to move through me to touch other lives. Release compassion in me toward the weak and sick. Use me as an instrument of healing today.
The Great CommissionMt 10:1; Mt 28:18-20
DAY 7Power and Grace for Witnessing
Ac 4:33 And with great P0WER (dúnamis) gave the Apostles witness of the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus:
and great grace was upon them all.
· FATHER, thank You for Your grace that has released Your power in my life. Now, please release it upon these others I hold before You. Teach us all to walk in the power and grace You are giving into our lives.
Becoming a Vessel for Gods PowerAc 4:29-31
ANOTHER POWER-FULL WORDenérgeia AND ITS VERB FORM, energéo. They relate to the energy of the Resurrection, the effective power that worked to bring Jesus from the dead, and now will work in us to energize our lives in Him.
DAY 8Release from the Energy of Disobedience
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time Past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now WORKETH (as an energetic force) in the children of disobedience.
· FATHER, I submit to You for deliverance from the power and energy of this age. Set me free from the satanic energy that produces disobedience and unbelief. Instead, I yield to the energy released when You raised up the Lord Jesus from the dead.
What We Become by Gods GraceEph 2:1-10
DAY 9The Subduing Power of the Resurrection
Phil 3:20,21 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Savior the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body, according to the WORKING (the energetic force) whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself.
· FATHER, I hold myself before You to subdue every force in me that opposes the operation of Your Spirit. Bring my desires and fears under Your control. Do the same in these I hold now before You.
Receiving the Energy of Christs LifeCol 3:1-4
DAY 10The Energizing Power of Love
Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which WORKETH (is energized) by love.
· DEAR LORD, set me free from my little love. For long enough it has bound me and kept me from reaching out to others in need of love. Release the energy of Your love in me. Let it bring forth faith so I can be a useful vessel in Your Kingdom.
Finding the Source of LoveI Jn 4:7-13
DAY 11Receiving the Energy of Gods Word
I Thes 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the Word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word or men, but as it is in truth, the Word of God, which EFFECTUALLY WORKETH (works as an energizing force) also in you that believe.
· FATHER, I yield to the energizing power of Your Word. Give all of us here a love of its truth. Help us love to study it and rejoice in its full power.
What Gods Word Will DoPs 119:25-32; Heb 4:12
DAY 12Finding the Energy for Gods Will
Phil 2:13 For it is God which WORKETH (becomes the energizing force) in you both to will and to DO (provide the energy) of His good pleasure.
· DEAR LORD, most of us do not have not the energy required to work out Your will in our lives. As we wait now before You, let the energy of Your Resurrection work in us. Let the energy of Your Word work in us. Let the energy of Your love work in all of us here.
Finding How Far the Force of Gods Energy will ReachEph 1:11; 3:20,21; II Cor 9:8
DAY 13Acknowledging the Different Ways Gods Energetic Power Will Work
I Cor 12:6,7 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which WORKETH (is the energizing force for) all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
· FATHER, I thank you for the differences You have placed in each of us. Help me to be neither intimidated by those who are different, nor to judge them. Help us work together in a sweet harmony.
Different Ways God Works in UsI Cor 12:4-12
DAY 14Discovering the Energy of Prayer
Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man AVAILETH (becomes an energizing force to accomplish) much.
· FATHER, bring the Spirit of Supplication upon us and on these others I hold before You. Show us the energizing power of much strong praying.
What Strong Praying Will DoAc 4:23-33
ANOTHER KIND OF POWER THAT HAS TO DO WITH OUR INNER GOVERNMENT. It is described for us by the Greek noun krátos and its Verb kratéo. These two words tell of ...the power of taking control and setting up a new government, whether it be within ones own life, over the life of another, or over a nation.
DAY 15The Triumph of Christ our King
Ac 2:24 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that He should be HOLDEN OF (held under the government of) it.
· FATHER, what a salvation You have given us in Your Son! Thank You! Your love, Your mercy, and Your power in raising Him from the dead are astounding. I hold myselfand these othersbefore You for the same power to come over us.
Our Great SalvationHeb 2:1-10
DAY 16Why Christ Can Reign
Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil...
· LORD, I claim Your triumph in my life over all satanic power. There is nothing of devilish influence that can remain. And now, I hold these others before You. Let Your triumph become known in them.
Defeat of the Evil OneI Jn 3:8; Col 2:15
DAY 17Christs Dominion in Us
Col 1:10,11 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to his glorious POWER... [literally: empowered with all power (dúnamis) according to the dominion (krátos) of His glory.]
· LORD, I yield to the strength of Your Government. Take the rule in me that I might get control of myself. As I yield to the rule of Your Throne, I hold these before You that they also might yield to Your rule.
Receiving Christs RuleEph 3:16-19; Phil 3:20,21
DAY 18What Christs Dominion Will Mean
Lk 1:51 He hath showed STRENGTH (krátos, dominion) with His arm; He hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
· O GREAT LORD, even now, show the strength of Your Kingdom in my life. Take away the proud imagination of my own heart. I now hold these others before You that they might also come under the dominion of Your Throne.
The Power of Gods Right HandPs 118:14-21
DAY 19Acknowledging the King
I Tim 6:14-16 ...our Lord Jesus Christ... the King of kings and Lord of lords; to Whom be honour and POWER (krátos, dominion) everlasting.
· POWERFUL LORD, I recognize Your right to reign, not only in all the world, but also in my life. Take Your dominion, Rule over me, and these I hold before You. As Satans power is broken, let Your Kingdoms power become known in our midst.
He Shall Reign ForeverRev 11:15-17; Ps 72:8,17
DAY 20Sharing the Throne with Jesus
Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings (a kingdom) and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and DOMINION (krátos) for ever and ever. Amen.
· POWERFUL LORD, work the ways of Your Kingdom into our lives. Conquer us and deliver us from ways contrary to Your rule, so we may reign with You.
A Kingdom of PriestsCol 1:12,13; Rev 5:9,10
DAY 21Blessing the King
Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and POWER, (krátos) be unto Him that sitteth upon the Throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
· LOVING LORD, I say glory to Your Name! You are powerful and wonderful! I recognize Your right to reign over all the affairs of my life. I bring, yet again, some others in whose lives the dominion of Your Throne is needed.
Exaltation of the LordI Pet 5:6-11; Jude 2
ANOTHER KIND OF POWER WORKED IN THE RESURRECTION OF THE LORD. It was ... the muscle strength of Gods Kingdom that bound the strength of death and made it possible for Jesus to Come out alive. This kind of power enables us to live free from satanic interference. The Greek word is ischúos and the words related to it.
DAY 22Our Strong Consolation
Heb 6:18 . . .By two immutable things (Gods Promise and His Oath), in which it was impossible for God to lie, we...have a STRONG (ischúos) consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us.
· FATHER, Your promises to us are unchangeable. They are made strong by Your oath and by the Resurrection of Your Son. I open my heart to receive the comfort this gives. My consolation lies in the strength of Christs Resurrection and Your Kingdom.
Our Strong HopeIs 51:12,13; Col 1:3-6
DAY 23Binding the Strong Man
Mt 12:29 Or else how can one enter into a STRONG MANS (ho ischúos) house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man (ho ischúos)? and then he will spoil his house.
· LORD, I see this principle of binding the devils strength. What a strength is Yours! When You came from the grave, You bound the strong man of my life and set me free. I receive this liberty. There are others I know in whom he still holds dominion. I bring them to You with the confession that he no longer has any right or authority to continue his rule in them. Move by Your Spirit upon them and prepare them for their freedom.
Contending with the Stronghold of EvilIs 49:25; Lk 11:20-22; Mt 18:18
DAY 24Finding Strength for the Conflict
Heb 11:32-34 ... time would fail me to tell (of those) who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed VALIANT (ischúos) in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens...
· LORD, we dont know what we may face today or tomorrow. But, we turn our faith toward You to make us valiant for every conflict. Draw these we hold before You to find Your strength for the battles they face.
A Review of Faiths PowerHeb 11:32-40
DAY 25Overcoming Weak Praying
Mt 26:40 And He cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What COULD ye not (ischúosAre you not strong enough to...) watch with me one hour?
· LORD, the greatest infirmity of my life is in praying. Oh, release the Spirit of Supplication in us! Cause me, and these with me, to want to pray without ceasing.
Allowing the Holy Spirit to Help Us PrayRom 8:25,26
DAY 26Renouncing Powerless Religion
Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision AVAILETH (ischúos, has strength to accomplish) anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
· GRACIOUS LORD, I renounce all dead religious practice. Place in me a fervent desire for communion with You, both in the fellowship of Your suffering and in the triumph of Your Kingdom. Place this desire in these I hold before You.
Entering the Kingdom Free from SinLk 13:24-30
DAY 27A Powerful Relationship with Christ
Phil 4:131 CAN DO (ischúos, I have strength to do) all things through Christ which STRENGTHENETH (dúnamis) me.
· FATHER, my dependence on You grows daily. My personal strength grows less, but my faith in You and the power of our relationshipincreases. This makes me grow stronger. I love You for this.
Confounding the MightyI Cor 1:26-31
DAY 28Finding the Strength of a Martyr
Ac 6:10 And THEY WERE NOTABLE (ischúos, they had no strength) to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he (Stephen) spake.
· FATHER, let there come in me a new dependence on Your strength. Continue holding meand these I bring before Youin the power of Your grace. Let Your power come upon these who right now face persecution. Give them boldness like Stephen to declare their faith in You.
Spending Time with StephenAc 6:5-16; Ac 7:54-6
DAY 29Finding Strength for the Satanic Conflict
Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, BE STRONG (dúnamis) in the Lord, and in the POWER (krátos) of his MIGHT (ischúos).
· HEAVENLY FATHER, thank You for seeing my weakness and providing strength for me. I yield to the strength of Your Sons Government. I am now ready for it to move through me and equip me for the conflicts I face. I hold these others before You for the release of Your Government in them.
How Gods Power Finds Release Through UsEph 6:10-18
© Berean Ministries
P.O. Box 38
Elk Park, NC 28622-0038
Visit Us at http://www.maschil.com