The Dynamics of Christ’s Resurrection
THE DYNAMIC POWER OF CHRIST’S RESURRECTION WILL WORK IN AND THROUGH ANY OF 115 WHO OPEN OUR HEARTS COMPLETELY TO HIM. The following Scriptures are drawn from Luke’s Gospel with some reference to the Prophets of the Old Covenant, as those men of old foresaw the power of His coming.
DAY 1—A Prophecy that the Same Spirit and Power Working in Elijah Would Work in John the Baptist, the Forerunner of Jesus
Luke 1:17 And he shall go before Him in the Spirit and Power (dúnamis) of Elias (“Elijah”), to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
· FATHER, let the Spirit that worked in Elijah and John the Baptist work in Your ministers today, to prepare a people for the Day of the Lord. Give us the grace to yield to Your Spirit and power. O, DEAR LORD, I want no blight left in my life when 1 stand before You.
The Powerful Prophecy of Isaiah regarding John the Baptist—Isa 40:3-5 (See also Mat 4:5)
DAY 2—Jesus was conceived in the womb of Mary by the power of God.
Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power (dúnamis) of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that Holy Thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. (Mary was not “the mother of God,” but of the Son of God.)
· FATHER, as the Holy Spirit came upon Mary, so let Him come upon His Body the Church. Let Him bring to reality Christ’s presence in the church of which I am a part here locally. Let Him fall upon believers who are living today in danger and in fear of their lives.
The Powerful Prophecy of Isaiah about the birth of the Lord Jesus
—Isa 7:14 (Note: This should read not “a virgin,” but “the virgin.”)
DAY 3—The tests the devil put Jesus through did not leave Him weaker, but stronger.
Luke 4: 13,14 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from Him for a season. And Jesus returned in the power (dúnamis) of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame (“report”) of Him through all the region round about.
· DEAR FATHER, send Your Spirit upon us so we can become stronger through the attacks of the devil. Let what he seeks to do to defeat us only bring us forth as overcomers. We rise up in Your love and power.
A Prophecy from Isaiah about the Spirit of the Lord Equipping His Ministers—Isa 61:1-3
DAY 4—At the beginning of Jesus’s ministry, by God’s power, He dealt with unclean spirits.
Luke 4:35,36 And Jesus rebuked him, saving, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not. And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saving, What a word is this! for with authority and power (dúnamis) He commandeth the unclean spirits, and they come out.
· DEAR LORD, open the eyes of Your Church so we can see when demons are at work. Teach us how and when to deal with them. In my own life, let me see what they might be doing so I can renounce their work and command them to depart—all in Jesus Name.
DAY 5—God’s merciful power came even to the religious leaders who often withstood Jesus.
Luke 5:17 And it came to pass on a certain day, as He was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power (dúnamis) of the Lord was present to heal them.
· LORD, bring Your power to heal upon us as we gather to hear Your Word. Even though we may be religious, we are a needy people. Show us Your mercy and let it come over on all the poor and simple round about us.
Jesus was particularly drawn to the poor and needy among the people—Lk 7:20-23
DAY 6—Healing power went out from Jesus to a woman who dared touch His garment.
Luke 8:43-45a,46b And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, came behind Him, and touched the border of His garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. And Jesus said, Who touched Me? ... for I perceive that virtue (dúnamis) is gone out of me.
· O, DEAR LORD, I am needy like that woman with the issue of blood! And, there is very much all around me to press through. But, I believe Your grace and power will receive me and heal me. O, Yes, I believe! I press through to touch You!
Those who believe on Him will not be put to shame—I Pet 2:6-10
DAY 7—Jesus’s desire was for His disciples to have power, but there was a greater joy for them.
Luke 10:19,20 Behold, I give unto you power (dúnamis) to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
· LORD, I long for that power You promised us. I thank You for every its every manifestation that has come through me. But, my rejoicing is in You. And I rejoice that my name is in Your Book of Life. What grace!
There is a secret place of protection for all believers—Ps 91:1-16
DAY 8—The last Word Jesus spoke before His ascension was that the disciples should wait for the promised power from the Father.
Luke 24:49-51 And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusa1em, until ye be endued with power (dúnamis) from on high. And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and He lifted up his hands, and blessed them. And it came to pass, while He blessed them, He was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
· LORD, teach us to wait before You. We’ve drifted away from abiding in Your presence. We’ve forgotten to wait for You. Please forgive us and bring upon us a longing desire just to wait before You till Your Spirit falls on us.
The disciples waited and the promised Spirit came upon them—Ac 2:1-8
THE POWER OFTHFI HOLY SPIRIT CONTINUED AT WORK THROUGH THE DISCIPLES AFTER JESUS WENT BACK To THE FATHER. It is amazing to us that the Book of Acts has no closing. Can this not be an indication that the working of the God’s Spirit and power is to continue with us even till today?
DAY 9—The history of the church began with the promise from Jesus that the power of the Holy Spirit would come upon them.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, (dúnamis) after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
· DEAR LORD, let this power come upon Your church for this awesome hour. For too long we’ve worshiped with a form of godliness, but with no power. Please forgive us for not waiting on You, till Your power falls on us once again. Let this begin with me—with us.
The people of Israel were God’s witnesses; we are witnesses for Jesus—Is 43:10-12
DAY 10—Peter took no glory for the miracles that came when he ministered.
Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power (dúnamis) or holiness we had made this man to walk? The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified His Son Jesus...
· LORD, even if You do use me, I want no glory for it. Please make me into a vessel in whom Your Spirit will move. There are people around me for whom there is no hope unless a miracle comes to them. Oh, let me become a person through whom that miracle can come!
Miracles are to be manifest in the Church—I Cor 12:7-11
DAY 11—That miracles take place does not mean that everyone will accept them as from God.
Acts 4:5-7 And it came to pass on the morrow, that their rulers, and elders, and scribes, and Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem. And when they had set them (Peter and John) in the midst, they asked. By what power (dúnamis), or by what name, have ye done this?
· LORD, I am ready, if need be, to suffer for Your Name. I have opened myself to the movements of Your Holy Spirit and some of my friends don’t understand me. I miss their coming around. But I had rather have You at work in my life. Help me live a life that is a testimony to them.
From the beginning there have been those who suffered for proclaiming the Gospel—Ac 5:40-42
DAY 12—For those of us who accept them, miracles bring a further evidence of God’s grace.
Acts 4:33 And with great power (dúnamis) gave the Apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
· FATHER, I know that if a miracle comes to my life, it can only come as a result of Your grace. Oh, but I am so needy! I look to You for a miracle today. This situation I am in can only be solved by Your grace and by Your miracle power.
DAY 13—We must never forget that from the beginning some have given their lives.
Acts 6:8 And Stephen, full of faith and power (dúnamis), did great wonders and miracles among the people.
Acts 7:57,58 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man’s feet, whose name was Saul (later known as Paul the Apostle).
· LORD JESUS, what a testimony Stephen holds for us today! Sometimes I’m too timid to even witness to a waitress, or a bartender. Please forgive me. Make my life pure so I won’t be afraid others will see things in me that would make them question my witness for You.
Jesus Himself was threatened with stones from some of the religious people—Jn 10:22-30
DAY 14—Some people will follow miracles, but not with a true commitment to the Lord.
Acts 8:13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles (dúnamis) and signs, which were done. Ac 8:18,19 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the Apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, saying, Give me also this power...
· LORD, teach me to give and give and give, but not in order to win some gift from You. I want my heart to be pure toward You. Help me learn to give whether I receive anything in return. I want to give just out of love for You and what You have done to redeem my soul.
The Lord Jesus is our example in giving—II Cor 8:8-14
DAY 15—Paul, whose Epistles we receive, was a man who moved by the power of God.
Acts 19:11,12 And God wrought special miracles (dúnamis) by the hands of Paul: so that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
· FATHER, this is beyond my understanding, how handkerchiefs going out from Paul could carry healing. But I believe. And I believe such could even be so today. I thank You for Paul and the rich legacy he left us— especially his Epistles. I love their Word.
We take note of what Paul preached and taught in his closing days—Ac 28:30,31
IN HIS EPISTLES, PAUL REVEALED MUCH ABOUT THE POWER. WHAT IT IS AND HOW IT WILL WORK IN US. For the conclusion of this prayer study we will soak ourselves in some of the things revealed through him.
DAY 16—Paul saw that the Gospel of Christ was the very power of God.
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power (dúnamis) of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
· DEAR FATHER, ever since I believed the Gospel, I’ve known it is, indeed, very powerful. It changed my life. As I learn more of it, let it change me yet more and more, till my life fully reflects the life of Your Son.
Paul ministered the Gospel in demonstration of Spirit and of power—I Cor 2:1-5
DAY 17—He saw that God could take the ungodly and show His power through them.
Romans 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might show My power (dúnamis) in thee, and that My name might be declared throughout all the earth.
· FATHER, for this terrifying hour in which we now live, please show Your power through the wicked. Even in our own lives here in this community, bring Your ordinations to pass through those who know You not.
We take note how simply Paul could express the Gospel.—Acts 16:28-34
DAY 18—The power of the Holy Spirit will bring increase to our joy, peace and hope.
Romans 15:13 Now the God of hose fill you with all joy and Peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the Power (dúnamis) of the Holy Ghost.
· DEAR LORD, I praise You for the joy and peace You are now bringing in our lives. Even in the face of this trial, You are causing our hope to abound. What praise is due unto Your holy Name! Oh, I praise You indeed!
—Rom 14:17; Gal 5:22,23
DAY 19—Fully preaching the Gospel of Christ will bring the power of signs and wonders.
Romans 15:19 Through mighty (“in the power [dúnamis] of’) signs and wonders, by the power (dúnamis) of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully Preached the Gospel of Christ.
· DEAR LORD, let us see true Full Gospel preaching arise throughout the land. Let it come in the nations that are now under attack. Let it come in Israel, Palestine, Iraq, North Korea, plus the many other nations where believers are under persecution. Let it come here.
Even under persecution, Paul failed not to proclaim the Full Gospel—Ac 20:17-23
DAY 20—The Logos of the Cross is the power of God.
I Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching (Gr. logos, “the Word”) of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the Power (dúnamis) of God.
LORD, let me know the Word of the Cross. Let it work in my life. Let it set me free from the sin that has pulled me down. Let it bring me to the power of Your Resurrection. Let it be released everywhere the Gospel is preached.
The clear Word of the Cross is defined in this Romans passage—Rom 6:1-11
DAY 21—The proclamation of Christ is in itself the power of God.
I Corinthians 1:22-24 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: but we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness; but unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power (dúnamis) of God, and the wisdom of God.
· FATHER, let Your pure wisdom come upon those who proclaim the Gospel. Let Christ be proclaimed in power. Oh, indeed, let the proclamation of Him bring the release of His power upon all who hear and believe! Let the conviction of Your Spirit attend this preaching.
Christ is the powerful Head of all things—Isa 9:6, Col 1:16,-19
DAY 22—When we know the Kingdom of God, we discover the power of God.
I Corinthians 4:20 For the Kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
Colossians 1:12,13 Giving thanks unto the Father, Which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power (exousía, “authority”) of (“the”) darkness, and hath translated us into the Kingdom of His dear Son.
· DEAR LORD, I praise You that Your Kingdom is everlasting. I praise You that it is filled with mercy and truth. I bless Your Name that You are bringing Your Church to know Your Kingdom and Your power. Let it come in my life. Let the power of Your Kingdom rule over the government of our Land.
DAY 23—God has set ministries of power in the Church.
I Corinthians 12:28 And God hath set some in the Church, first Apostles, secondarily Prophets, thirdly Teachers, after that miracles (dúnamis, “works brought on by power”), then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
· FATHER, I thank You for Your Church. I thank You for those who are opening themselves to the power of Your Spirit. Please let the fellowship of which I am a part come know the fullness of ministry as You have ordained. Let us behold the miracles and Gifts of Your Spirit. We are needy, but You are mighty in our midst.
The Lord will have a Church that is filled with His majestic power—Ps 29:4; Ps 45:3,4; Ps 93:1
© Berean Ministries
P.O. Box 38
Elk Park, NC 28622-0038
Visit Us at http://www.maschil.com