The Healing Power of God's Word
WE HAVE TAKEN the leading Scripture for each day as they occur in a testimony of healing published in Guideposts magazine. Take the Verses for yourself. Feast on them. Let them become your daily meat. Let their healing energy work in you.
DAY 1--Attending the Healing Power of God's Word
Pro 4:20-22 My son (or "my daughter"), attend to My words; incline thine ear unto My sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. Jer 15:16a Thy words were found, and I did eat them, and Thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart...
• LORD, I take this time today to repent for listening to all the words that are contrary to Your Word. Cleanse my heart and my mind from all their deposit. lam ready now to give attention to Your Word. Release in me its healing power--and in these I bring before You.
Laying Hold on God's Word for Its Healing Power--Ps 119:9, 11, 24, 54, 97, 118
DAY 2--Hearing, and Believing, the Word of Healing
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. Mk 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief
• FATHER, hear my plea. As I wait before You, release in my heart a faith that will enable me to believe Your word completely. Help me submit to its healing power. Please release its power in my mind as well as in my heart.
A Woman Who Pressed through the Crowd and Was Healed--Mk 5:25-34
DAY 3--Receiving from a Father Who Is Good
Mt 7:7, 11 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: ... If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father Which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him? Jos 23:14b . . .and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof.
• LORD, I have asked before and I am ready to continue asking. I have sought and 1 am ready to continue seeking. I have knocked and lam ready to continue knocking. I do this because I know healing is in Your hand. Touch me in my spirit, in all the parts of my soul, and in my body.
A Woman Who Believed So Strongly She Would Not Stop Seeking--Lk 18:1-7
DAY 4--How One Person's Faith Can Bring about the Healing of Another
Mt 8:7,13,17 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. ... And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour. ... That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.
• PRECIOUS LORD, I am ready to hear those words, "I will come and heal him." I have born this certain one in my heart, now I bring him (or, her) in faith to You. Show the power of Your covenant promise. Show Your mercy by releasing the power of Your Spirit upon him right now.
How Some People Brought a Lame Man to Jesus and He Healed Him--Mk 2:1-12
DAY 5--How Every Person Who Is Sick Draws the Attention of Jesus
Mt 9:29,35 Then touched He their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you. ... And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
• DEAR GOD, my eyes need healing--not so much my outward eyes as the eyes of my understanding and the eyes of my heart. Open them that I may behold You and Your hand at work. Let me see Your mercy, Your grace, and Your healing power working on these I hold before You.
Taking Note how Some Religious People Opposed the Healing Ministry of Jesus, and Yet He Healed--Mk 3:1-6
DAY 6--How Jesus Is Moved with Compassion toward the Multitudes
Mt 14:14,30 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and He healed their sick. ... And great multitudes came unto Him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus feet; and He healed them.
• LORD, I "cast at Your feet" these loved ones and friends who so desperately need healing. I call their names before You. Extend Your compassion unto them. Heal them in their spirits and in their minds. Let Your healing grace come over their conscience and their will.
How the Compassion of Our Heavenly Father Reaches for the Lost--Lk 15:11-24
DAY 7--The Importance of Faith in Those Who Minister
Mt 17:19-21 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
• LORD, I feel as though I must still say, "I believe; help my unbelief." Move on my heart to seek Your face, to wait before You, to fast in Your presence. There are many who need Your healing. I want to be an instrument to bring it to them. Increase my compassion as well as my faith.
Three Promises for a Believer--Mk 9:23; Lk 1:37; Lk 18:27
DAY 8--How Jesus Healed by Casting out Demons
Mk 1:34 And He healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew Him. Lk 9:1 Then He called His twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
• FATHER, release in me that operation of Your Spirit called "discerning of spirits." It is no longer a mystery in my understanding that some sickness comes by demonic encroachment upon a life. Teach me to deal with them in the Name of Jesus and in the power of His resurrection.
Taking Note of Jesus' First Ministry after He Called His Disciples--Mk 1:23-26
DAY 9--How Simple, Uncomplicated, Faith Receives Healing
Mk 5:34 And He said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague. Mk 10:52 And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.
• DEAR LORD, I wait in Your presence that faith might increase in me. Teach me to lean upon You. Teach me to listen to Your heart. Teach me to watch You and move in accord with You. I am becoming ready for You to heal my spirit, my mind, and my emotions.
Taking Note of What Can Come about Through Faith--Heb 11:11,28,33,39
DAY 10--Facing the Impossibility of Obstacles that Stand in the Path of Faith
Mk 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Mk 11:22-24 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God (literally, "of God"). For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
• LORD, mountains of impossibilities have surrounded me. But now, I am ready to see there is nothing that can stand against me if I believe. I am ready for the mountains to go because You are releasing Your faith, and Your Word, in me. I hold this terribly ill person before You.
Mountains that Departed through Faith--Lk 5:20; 7:9; 7:50; 8:48; 17:19; 18:42
DAY 11--Opening Ourselves to the Possibility of Unlimited Answer to Prayer
Jn 14:13,14 And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it. Jn 15:7 If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
• DEAR LORD, what promises You have given us! It is amazing to my heart that You could trust us with so great a liberty in prayer. Please work a fresh purity in me that I may walk in the fullness of it all. And do it in these I hold before You. Only miracles can work in some of them.
Laying Hold on the Boldness We Have in Christ--Eph 2:18; Eph 3:10-12; Heb 10:35
DAY 12--Rejecting the Curse of the Thief to Receive Abundant Life
Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: lam come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Lk 13:16a And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond...?
• LORD, I am ready to be free from the curse of all satanic interference in my life. Whatever the demonic work that has come through my ancestry, I renounce it. Search it out in me that I may repent effectually. Where I am blind to his present work, open the eyes of my understanding that I may renounce it. Wherein I have invited him in, I repent. I renounce his operations and open my soul and my spirit to the work of Your grace.
How Grace Reigns for us through Jesus Christ--Rom 3:13-21
DAY 13--Rejecting the Curse of Personal Failure to Receive Abundant Life
Gal 3:10,13 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.... Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree. Isa 53:5a . . . He was wounded for our transgressions...
• GRACIOUS LORD, I open myself to what You have come to give. I renounce the curse of my own inability to achieve anything good for You. I acknowledge that lam of sinful stock. Much of the trouble I now face has arisen from my own wrong doing. Thank You for taking all the curse of it upon Yourself I want to open myself--and my family--to the abundance of grace and life You provide.
How Christ Made Intercession for Transgressors--Isa 53:5-12
DAY 14--How Prosperity in One's Soul Releases Health in One's Body
III Jn 2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. Is 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward (your "rear guard," your protection from the pursuing enemy).
• FATHER, heal my soul so it may prosper. Heal my mind so I can know You. Heal my emotions so I can love You. Heal my will so I can obey You. Heal my conscience so I can know myself in You. Let Your righteousness come upon me so my soul can prosper. Then I believe nothing can hinder Your healing power in me.
The Blessing that Overrides Trouble--Ps 20:1-9
DAY 15--Communion with the Unchanging Christ
Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Rev 1:17b,18 . . .And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; lam the first and the last. I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
• LORD, what awe fills my soul! You have not changed. You are alive. You are with me. You are with us! Heal us now. Let Your healing run deep into our spirits so no thing offensive to you--or attractive to the devil--may remain in us. Heal our fears, our poor self-esteem, our need to sin. Unchanging Christ, abide in our midst.
What the Unchanging Christ Did when He Was on Earth In His Flesh--Mt 4:23,24; Ac 10:38
DAY 16--The Radiance of Christ's Presence
Mal 4:2 But unto you that fear My name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in His wings (literally, "His beams," the radiance of the light of His presence); and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. Jer 17:14 Heal me, 0 LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for Thou art my praise.
• O LORD, let me know the radiance of Your presence so I may know all the healing You are ready to give. Heal the part in me that has been wounded by failure. Heal the deep hurt that has come upon me by rejection. Heal my wounded self-worth so I can go forth as a witness for You.
Anointing with Fresh Oil--Ps 92:10-15
DAY 17--How He Continues as the Healing God
Ps 30:2 0 LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. Gen 20:17a So Abraham prayed unto God: and God healed Abimelech, and his wife... II Chron 30:20 And the LORD hearkened to Hezekiah, and healed the people. Mt 12:15b . . .And great multitudes followed Him (Jesus), and He healed them all.
• FATHER, You change not. Your merciful hand of healing is extended still. I wait for Your touch upon my life for this day. As Abraham prayed, I now want to pray. As Hezekiah prayed, I now want to pray. Heal these I bring before You. Oh, the authority that is mine to do this is greater now than then because I pray in Jesus Name!
The God with Whom there is No Variableness--Jas 1:17; I Sam 15:29; Mal 3:6; Heb 1:11,12
DAY 18--The Place where No Evil Can Come
Ps 91:9,10 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; there shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
• LORD, I am coming to know there is a Dwelling Place where no evil can come. It is in You. My heart knows this. My spirit responds. Something in my emotions knows it is so. I want it to be true for my life, but my mind cannot grasp it unless Your Spirit helps me. Please draw me in.
Finding the Refuge that Fails Not--Ps 142:4,5; Ps 71:3; Ps 121:7
DAY 19--Rejecting Human Pride to Give Place to the Fear the Lord
Pro 3:7,8 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.
• LORD, finding the fear of You is the wisest thing I ever did. It has brought a sweetness to my life I never knew. It is setting me free from other fears. I am becoming free from the fear of disease, from the fear of disaster, from the fear of what man might do to me. Health is returning. Strength is increasing. I praise You and love You.
Resting in the Fear of the Lord--Heb 11:7; 13:6
DAY 20--Submitting to "The Lord that Healeth Thee"
Ex 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in His sight, and wilt give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians:for I am the LORD that healeth thee ("Jehovah Rophekah").
• DEAR LORD, I am ready to hearken diligently unto Your voice and do that which is right in Your sight. I am ready to do what You want and to keep all the Word of Your Covenant. In this I need Your enabling grace. In it I receive Your healing power.
The Removal of Affliction--Ex 23:25; Ps 103:1-19
DAY 21--The Prayer of Faith
Jas 5:14-16 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another and pray one for another that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
• FATHER, if there is still something too stubborn in me to request the help of others, then deal with this weakness in my soul. Give me elders who will pray with me. Give me the grace to come clean with regard to hidden sin and to renounce all bitterness and unforgiveness. Then faith and healing will have no hindrance in me.
The Confidence of Praying According to Gods Will--I Jn 5:14-21
DAY 22--Turning to the Shepherd and Bishop of Our Souls
I Pet 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in His Own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by Whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
• LORD, I own You as my Shepherd and Bishop. You are the Overseer of my soul. No one has ever cared for me like You. You bore my sins. You bore my sickness--the sickness of my spirit, the sickness of my mind, the sickness of my emotions, the sickness of my will. I believe You also bore the sickness of my body. I release it all to You and rise to walk in the health You give.
The Good Shepherd--Jn 10:11-16; Heb 13:20,21
DAY 23--Blessing the Lord Who Forgives and Heals
Ps 103:1-4a Bless the LORD, 0 my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the LORD, 0 my soul, and forget not all His benefits. Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; Who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction...
• I bless You, O MY LORD. I bless Your holy Name. I open myself to the benefits You give. Help me keep them ever before me that I not grow cold in my love to You. You have redeemed my life from destruction. All that I am and have is now Yours. Use me for Your Kingdom's sake.
Righteousness, Judgment, Loving-Kindness, and Mercy--Hos 2:19-23
DAY 24--Blessing the Lord Who Forgives and Heals
Jer 17:14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for Thou art my praise. Isa 57:18 1 have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners. I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
• I praise You, O MY LORD. You are my praise! You are healing my spirit. You are healing my mind. You are healing my will. It is Yours. You are healing my emotions. You are releasing Your redemption into my conscience. I am coming to know myself in You, and Yourself in me.
Righteousness. Judgment, Loving-Kindness, and Mercy--Hos 2:19-23
IN THE DAYS that remain this month, go back and review the healing Scriptures. Go over them, and over them, till they are written in your heart. With a disciplined spirit, let them become your continuing meditation and watch them do their healing work.
© Berean Ministries
P.O. Box 38
Elk Park, NC 28622-0038
Visit Us at http://www.maschil.com