The Power of God
... and the Faith that Brings Its Release in Our Lives
Ephesians 1:15-19 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling,
...and what the riches of the glory of his
inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Thank you for showing me how much you value us.
A new light of Your glory is flooding my heart.
I praise You for this! Now, as I hold others before You,
Please let them to know how you value them! Work in them so the hurts of their past can become ground out of which new purposes for Your Kingdom can grow. Please release them from the grief of failure, and bring them into the joy of being your treasured possessions.
FOUR DIMENSIONS OF POWER worked to bring about the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. Paul used four distinctly different Greek words in Ephesians 1:19 to describe these dimensions of power. They are dúnamis, enérgeia, krátos and ischúos. For this month, we will pray with regard to each of them as they will work in our own lives.
FIRST WE TAKE dynamic power. Each of the Scripture references for this week make use of the Greek word dúnamis. This word means "the enabling power of a miracle." It is the power of transformation, and--amazingly--the power He gives us for witnessing. It was released for us when Jesus was raised from the dead.
DAY 1--The Removal of Unbelief
Mt 13:58 He did not many MIGHTY WORKS (dúnamis) there because of their unbelief. Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God.
• LORD, I confess my unbelief has hindered the release of Your power in my life. I renounce this and say I am ready to believe You. Release Your faith in me--and in these I hold before You. Only a miracle from You can help.
Release from Unbelief--Mk 6:5,6; Mk 9:23,24
DAY 2--Getting the Attention of Jesus
Mk 5:30, 34 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that VIRTUE (dúnamis) had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? And He said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole.
• LORD, sometimes I feel as helpless as that woman who touched Your clothes. I need Your miracle power for healing as much as she did. I know You are near. I reach out by faith to You as she did. Let Your virtue come unto me as it did to her that day.
Healing for Everyone--Lk 6:17-19; Lk 9:37-43
DAY 3--Bringing Others to Jesus
Lk 5:17b,18a, 25--... and the POWER (dúnamis) of the Lord was present to heal them. And, behold, men brought in a bed a man which was taken with palsy...And...he rose up before them, and took up that whereon he lay, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.
• FATHER, here's a sick one. He's given up in his spirit and doesn't feel he can come to You. I bring him on a bed of faith so Your power can heal him. I hold him in Your presence. Now, here is another...
The Power to Forgive and Heal--Mt 9:2-8
DAY 4--Power for Weakness
II Cor 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My STRENGTH (dúnamis) is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the POWER (dúnamis) of Christ may rest upon me.
• LORD, if weakness makes me a candidate for Your strength, then I am a candidate! Move through me. Overcome the moral weakness in me; the physical weakness; the emotional weakness; the spiritual weakness. I want to be a vessel for Your power.
The Coming of Strength--Isa 35:3-10
DAY 5--Waiting on God for Power
Lk 24:49--And, behold, I send the promise of the Father upon you; but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with POWER (dúnamis) from on high.
• LORD, release in me the strong desire to wait on You till I am endued with Your power. Convict me to know the most important thing I can do is wait on You till Your Spirit moves freely in me and through me. Now, I hold these others before You. Cause them to desire Your Spirit.
The Promise of Power--Lk 24:44-49
DAY 6--The Power of God's Spirit
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive POWER (dúnamis) after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
• PRECIOUS LORD, I yield to Your Spirit who has come to dwell within me. I long for Him to move through me to touch other lives. Release compassion in me toward the weak and sick. Use me as an instrument of healing today.
The Great Commission--Mt 10:1; Mt 28:18-20
DAY 7--Power and Grace for Witnessing
Acts 4:33 And with great POWER (dúnamis) gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
• LORD, thank You for Your grace that released Your power in my life. Now, release it upon these I hold before You. Teach us to walk in the power and grace You give.
Becoming a Vessel of Miracle Power--Acts 4:29-31; II Tim 1:6-8
Now, WE WANT TO SPEND a week with the "power-full" words enérgeia and energéo. They relate to the energy of the resurrection, the effective power that worked there to bring Jesus from the dead and now will work in us to energize our lives in Him. This kind of power works to set us free from the energy of evil.
DAY 8--Release from the Energy of Disobedience
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now WORKETH (as a force of energy) in the children of disobedience.
• HEAVENLY FATHER, I submit to Your power for deliverance from the power and energy of the world. Set me free from the energy that produces disobedience. I yield to the energy coming from You, released out of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus.
What We Are by Nature, What We Become by Grace--Eph 2:1-10
DAY 9--The Subduing Power of the Resurrection
Phil 3:21 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body, according to the WORKING (as an energetic force) whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself.
• FATHER, I hold myself before You for You to subdue in me every force that opposes the operation of Your Spirit. Bring my desires and fears under Your control. Do the same in these I hold now before You.
Receiving the Energy of Christ's Life--Rom 7:4-6; Col 3:1-4
DAY 10--The Energizing Power of Love
Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which WORKETH (from energéo, "is energized") by love.
• DEAR LORD, set me free from the lack of love. For long enough it has bound me and kept me from reaching out to others. Release the energy of Your love in me. Let it bring forth faith so I can be a useful vessel in Your Kingdom.
Finding the Source of Love--I John 4:7-13
DAY 11--Receiving the Energy of God's Word
I Thes 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which EFFECTUALLY WORKETH (from energéo, "is an energizing force") also in you that believe.
• FATHER, I yield to the energizing power of Your Word. Give me the love of the truth. Help me to study Your Word and rejoice in its full power.
What God's Word Will Do--Ps 119:25-32; Heb 4:12; II Tim :16,17
DAY 12--Finding the Energy for God's Will
Phil 2:13 For it is God which WORKETH (energéo, "is the energizing force") in you both to will and TO DO (energéo, "to provide the energy") of his good pleasure.
• GRACIOUS LORD, I have not the energy required to work out Your will in my life. As I wait now before You, let the energy of Your Resurrection work in me. Let the energy of Your Word work in me. Let the energy of Your love work in me.
Finding How Far God's Energy Will Reach--Eph 1:11; Eph 3:20,21; II Cor 9:8
DAY 13--Recognizing the Different Ways God's Power Works
I Cor 12:6,7 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which WORKETH (energéo, "is the energizing force for") all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
• DEAR LORD, I thank You for the differences You have placed in each of us. Help me to be neither intimidated by those who are different, nor to judge them. Help us to work together in harmony.
Different Ways God Works in Us--I Cor 12:4-12; Gal 2:8
DAY 14--Finding the Energy of Prayer
Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man AVAILETH (energéo, "becomes the energizing force for the accomplishing of") much.
• GRACIOUS LORD, bring the Spirit of Supplication upon me--and upon these I hold before You. Show us the energizing power of much strong praying.
What Strong Praying Will Do--Acts 4:23-33
ALSO RELEASED for us in the resurrection of the Lord Jesus was another kind of power described by the Greek Noun krátos and its Verb, kratéo. Krátos is the power of taking control and setting up a new government, whether it be within one's own life, over the life of another, or over a nation.
DAY 15--The Triumph of Our King
Acts 2:24 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that He should BEHOLDEN of (kratéo, "governed by") it.
• HEAVENLY FATHER, what a salvation You have given us in Your Son! Thank You. Your love, Your mercy, and Your power in raising Him from the dead are astounding. I hold myself--and these others--before You for this same power to come over us.
Our Great Salvation--Heb 2:1-10
DAY 16--Why Christ Can Reign
Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the POWER (krátos, "dominion") of death, that is, the devil.
• TRIUMPHANT LORD, I claim Your triumph in my life over all satanic power. There is nothing of devilish influence that can remain. And now, I hold these others before You. May Your triumph become known to them.
Defeat of the Evil One--Heb 2:14,15; I John 3:8; Col 2:15
DAY 17--Christ's Dominion in Us
Col 1:10,11 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing…strengthened with all might, according to His glorious POWER (krátor) -- [literally: "empowered with all power (dúnamis) according to the dominion (krátor) of His glory"].
• LORD, I yield to the strength of Your Government. Take control of me that I might get control of myself. As I yield to the dominion of Your Throne, I hold these others before You that they might also yield.
Receiving Christ's Rule--Eph 3:16-19; Phil 3:20,21
DAY 18--What His Dominion Will Mean
Lk 1:51 He hath showed STRENGTH (krátos, "dominion") with His arm; He hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
• O, GREAT LORD, even now, show the strength of Your kingdom in my life. Do away with the proud imagination of my own heart. I now hold these others before You that they might also come under the dominion of Your Throne.
The Power of God's Right Hand--Ps 118:14-21; Ex 15:6,7; Ps 20:5,6; Ps 44:1-8
DAY 19--Acknowledging the King
I Tim 6:14-16 ...our Lord Jesus Christ... the King of kings, and Lord of lords... to Whom be honour and POWER (krátos, "dominion") everlasting.
• POWERFUL LORD, I recognize Your right to reign, not only in all the world, but also in my life. Take Your dominion. Rule over me, and these I hold before You. As Satan's power is broken, let Your Kingdom come in us.
He Shall Reign Forever--Rev 11:15-17; Ps 72:8, 17
DAY 20--Sharing the Throne with Jesus
Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and DOMINION (krátos) for ever and ever. Amen.
• POWERFUL LORD, work the ways of Your Kingdom into our Lives. Conquer us and deliver us from ways contrary to Your rule, so we may reign with You.
A Kingdom of Priests--Col 1:12,13; Rev 5:9,10
DAY 21--Blessing the King
Rev 5:13 Blessing, and honour, and glory, and POWER (krátos, "dominion"), be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
• LOVING LORD, I say, "Glory to Your Name!" You are powerful and wonderful. I recognize Your right to reign over all the affairs of my lift. I bring, yet again, some others in whose lives the dominion of Your Throne is needed. Draw them, I pray.
Exaltation of the Lord--I Pet 5:6-11; Jude 2.
ANOTHER KIND OF POWER worked in the resurrection of the Lord. It was the muscle strength of God's Kingdom that bound the strength of death and made it possible for Jesus to come out alive. This kind of power enables us to live lives free from satanic interference. The Greek word is ischúos, and the words related to it.
DAY 22--Our Strong Consolation
Heb 6:18... By two immutable things (God's promise and His oath) we have a STRONG (ischúros, "powerful and mighty") consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us.
• FATHER, Your promises to us are unchangeable. They are made strong by Your oath and by the resurrection of Your Son... I open my heart to receive the comfort this gives. My consolation rests in Your strength.
Our Strong Hope--Isa 51:12,13; Col 1:3-6
DAY 23--Binding the Strong Man
Mt 12:29 How can one enter into a STRONG man's (ho ischu'ros, "the powerful and mighty one's") house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the STRONG man (ho itcharos)? and then he will spoil his house.
• LORD, I see this principle of binding the devil's strength. What strength is Yours! When You came from the grave, You bound the strong man of my life and set me free. I receive this liberty.
• There are others I know in whom he still holds dominion. I bring these to You with the confession that he no longer has any right or authority to continue his rule in them. Move by Your Spirit upon them preparing them for their freedom.
Contending with the Stronghold of Evil--Isa 49:25; Lk 11:20-22; Mt 18:18
DAY 24--Finding Strength for the Conflict
Heb 11:32-34... time would fail me to tell of (those) who through faith... quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed VALIANT (ischúros, became "powerful and mighty") in fight...
• LORD, I don't know what I may face today or tomorrow. I turn my faith toward You to make me strong for every conflict. Draw these I hold before You to find Your strength for the battles they face.
A Review of Faith's Power--Heb 11:32-40
DAY 25--Overcoining Weak Praying
Mt 26:40 And He cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, COULD ye not (ischúo, "Aren't you strong enough to...") watch with Me one hour?
• FATHER, the greatest infirmity in my life is with regard to my praying. Oh, release the Spirit of Supplication in me. Cause me to want to pray without ceasing.
Allowing the Holy Spirit to Help Us Pray--Rom 8:26,27
DAY 26--Renouncing Powerless Religion
Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision AVAILETH (ischúo, "has power to accomplish") any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
• GRACIOUS LORD, I renounce all dead religious practice. Place in me a fervent desire for communion with You, both in the fellowship of Your suffering and the triumph of Your Kingdom. Place this desire in these I hold before You.
Entering the Kingdom Free from Sin--Lk 13:24-30
DAY 27--A Powerful Relationship with Christ
Phil 4:13 I CAN DO (ischúo, "I have strength to do") all things through Christ which strengtheneth (empowers) me.
• FATHER, my dependence on You grows daily. My personal strength grows less, but my faith in You--and the power of our relationship--increases. This makes me grow stronger. I love You for this.
Confounding the Mighty--I Cor 1:26-31
DAY 28--Finding the Strength of a Martyr
Acts 6:10 And THEY WERE NOTABLE (ischúo, "they had no strength") to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.
• LORD, let there come in me a new dependence on Your strength. Hold me in Your strength while I go through trials. Continue holding me--and these I hold before You. Also--let Your power come upon those who right now face persecution. Give them boldness to declare their faith in You.
Spending Time with Stephen--Acts 6:5-15; Acts 7:54-60
DAY 29--Finding Strength for Satanic Conflict
Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power (krátos) of His MIGHT (ischús, "be empowered in the Lord and in the dominion of His might.")
• HEAVENLY FATHER, thank You for seeing my weakness and providing a strength for me. I yield to the strength of Your Son's Government. I am now ready for it to move through me and equip me for the conflicts I face. I hold these others before You for the release of Your government in them.
How God's Power Finds Release through Us--Eph 6:10-18
DAY 30--Recognizing the Strength of Christ's Government
Rev 5:12... Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power (dúnamis), and riches, and wisdom, and strength (ischús), and honour, and glory, and blessing.
• HEAVENLY FATHER, I acknowledge the power and might of Your Kingdom brought into the earth through Your Son, the Lord Jesus. I regard His right to reign in the earth over every person. I acknowledge Him as my Lord.
• Thank You for loving me enough to continue dealing with me.
Christ's Right to Reign; Our Call to Reign with Him--Ps. 2 and Rev 2:26,27
© Berean Ministries
P.O. Box 38
Elk Park, NC 28622-0038
Visit Us at http://www.maschil.com