of a Shared Life with the Lord Jesus
THE LORD JESUS took upon Himself the sin, the suffering, the shame, and the guilt that rightly belonged to us. He bore all this that we might be free from its weight. The prophecies of Isaiah pointed to this. We receive his Word and open to its wonder along with confirmation from others.
DAY 1—He was despised for my sake.
Is 53:3 He is despised...of men... Is 50:6 1 gave My back to the smiters, and My cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not My face from shame and spitting. Heb 12:3 For consider Him that endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
• FATHER, I lay my shame of failure down—as well as my shame of poverty, my shame of sin, my shame of low birth. I am ready to believe the Lord Jesus took all my shame when He went to the Cross. He was despised that I might be accepted of You. I rest in this wonderful love.
We behold His shame on the Cross—Mt 26:67; 27:39-44.
DAY 2—He was rejected for my sake.
Is 53:3 He is…rejected of men... Jn 1:10-12 He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not. He came unto his own, and His own received Him not. But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name.
• PRECIOUS JESUS, I claim You as my Savior and Lord. Forgive me for ever being ashamed of You. Forgive me for ever being too timid to confess Your Name. Forgive me for being ashamed of rejection if I witness for You. Give me boldness now to tell others Who and What You are to me.
We join His witnesses—Acts 1:8; 2:32; 3:15; 5:32; 10:39.
DAY 3—He bore my griefs.
Is 53:4a, l0a Surely He hath born our griefs... Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He hath put Him to grief... Rom 8:32 He that spared not His Own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
• LORD, teach me to turn my grief over to You. I know You alone can bear it. Take the gri ef I bear over my own failures. Take the grief I bear over the loss of my loved ones. Take the grief I bear over those I love who have failed in their walk with You. I am ready to meet whatever comes toward me this day with the joy and peace You give.
He is a High Priest touched by our grief—Heb 2:17,18; 4:15.
DAY 4—He carried my sorrows.
Is 53:3,4 He is…a man of sorrows…Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
• LORD, sometimes the sorrow that overtakes my soul is almost more than I can bear. You are teaching me to turn this over to You. Please send Your Spirit to search out in me the painful memories of my past. Heal them of all sorrow. Use me to help others be healed of their sorrow.
In His sorrow there was none with Him—Mt 26:36-46.
DAY 5—He was stricken for me.
Is 53:3 …yet we did esteem Him stricken... Mt. 20:17-19 And Jesus... said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn Him to death, and shall deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify Him...
• LORD, what sorrow! What pain! What shame You bore for me! Forbid it that I should ever be ashamed of You or blush to own Your Name. Heal whatever it is in me that makes me think I can’t be a witness for You.
His tormenters held Him in utter contempt—Mt 27:29-31.
DAY 6—He was smitten of God for me.
Is 53:4 Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him…smitten of God... Rom 5:8,10 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us... For if when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
• FATHER, I see it! There is nothing between my soul and You. Our peace is complete because of what Jesus did. The grace of it is beyond my human understanding, but I receive it in my heart and rest in it. Help me minister this freedom to others who have been smitten in life.
We have peace through the blood of His cross—Col 1:20; Heb 13:20; I Pet 1:2; II Pet 1:2.
DAY 7—He was afflicted and oppressed for me.
Is 53:4, 7 Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. ... He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth: He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so He openeth not His mouth. I Pet 2:23 Who, when He was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not; but committed Himself to Him that judgeth righteously...
• DEAR LORD, I see something here. In Your affliction You opened not Your mouth to complain or resist. I believe You did this because You were being afflicted for me. I love You for this. Help me not to open my mouth or complain when I bear some affliction on account of You.
Philip the Evangelist used Isaiah’s Word—Ac 8:29-38.
DAY 8—He was wounded for my transgressions.
Is 53:5, 8 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities…for the transgression of my people was He stricken. Rom 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
• LORD, my transgressions have been many, but I have opened to Your mercy and grace. Were it not that You loved me unconditionally, I would be forever lost. Thank You for receiving me into Your household. Thank You for making me a child in Your family. Help me bring honor to Your Name—even today as I communicate with others.
His wounds make our Justification possible—Rom 3:19-26.
DAY 9—He was bruised for my iniquities.
Is 53:5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities... I Jn 3:5 And ye know that He was manifested to take away our sins... Heb 2:10 For it became Him, for Whom are all things, and by Whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory to make the Captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
• LORD, because You suffered, You became perfect for my salvation. Now You are the Captain of my life. No more do I want sin to rule me. I want Your rule instead. Please work Your grace and Your righteousness into all my being. Let the glory of Your Kingdom prevail in me.
His humiliation makes possible our glorification—Mt 27:27-29; Jn 19:2-5.
DAY 10—The chastisement of my peace was upon Him.
Is 53:5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him... Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Eph 2:14 For He is our peace...
• LORD JESUS, You are my peace. I open myself to the peace with God You made possible for me. I now want to be at peace with myself. Bring me into the rest that Your peace makes possible. Bring me into peace with others In Your body. Bring me into peace with my family. Bring me into peace with my neighbors.
Through His work all walls can be broken down—Eph 2:11-18.
DAY 11—By His stripes I was healed.
Is 53:5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. I Pet 2:21,24 . . . Christ also suffered for us... Who His Own self bare our sins in His Own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by Whose stripes ye were healed.
DEAR LORD, I open myself to the healing You provided me in Your suffering. Heal my spirit. Heal my emotions. Heal my mind so I can think in line with Your Kingdom. Heal my conscience so I can know myself in You. Heal my will so I can do what You want. Heal my body.
His healing grace reaches us perfectly—Jn 3:14-18.
DAY 12—The Lord laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
Is 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all. I Jn 4:9,10 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world that we might live through Him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
• FATHER, what a powerful display of love! I receive it today more surely than ever. At this very moment, I let Your love come over upon my whole being—my spirit, my mind, my emotions, my will; my conscience, and my body. Please wash away all the sin that has worked in each part of me.
We need never be ashamed of the Gospel—Rom 1:16-17.
DAY 13—Through Him my conscience is purged.
Is 53:10b…when thou shalt make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand. Heb 9:13,14 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: how much more shall the blood of Christ, Who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
• FATHER, my conscience has born the weight of my guilt. I am ready now for that guilt to be laid on the only One who can bear it. I have taken the offering Christ Jesus made on my behalf I claim now my conscience is purged. Thus, I lay aside my dead works to serve You.
He appeared once to put away sin—Heb 9:25,26.
DAY 14—He now makes intercession for me.
Is 53:12b ...He was numbered with the transgressors; and He bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. Heb 7:25 Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.
• FATHER, I know my only entrance in unto You is through my great High Priest. My guilty conscience needs no sacrifice beside. Because His offering was pure and His intercession is sure, I stand whole in Your presence and worship You. I adore You and love You purely.
Because of Him we can come boldly to the Throne of Grace—Heb 4:14-16; Jn 14:13.
DAY 15—As a believer I can know the Power of His Resurrection.
Eph 1:18a,19,20a; 2:1 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know... what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead... and you... who were dead in trespasses and sins:
• FATHER, only Your grace can bring this into reality in my life. I cannot grasp it with my own self-determination. Nor can I understand it. But I can see it in Your Word. Please release its power in me so I can know it.
This Prophetic Word about His triumph includes us—Ps 110:1-3.
DAY 16—I can hear His Words and live.
Jn 5:24,25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
• DEAR LORD, I have heard Your word and received Your gracious offer of love and redemption. Now will You please bring the fullness of its revelation into my heart. Let it become the stronghold of my soul in the day of trial. Teach me to live according to its admonition and its grace.
We can know if His Words are of God—Jn 7:14-18.
DAY 17—He is my Door to an abundant life.
Jn 10:9,10 I am the door: by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
• LORD, open my eyes to behold You as the door for my entrance in unto abundant life. I want to behold You and watch Your movements around me. I want to see how You move in a life to set it free from bondage and sickness. I want to move with You and become an instrument through whom You touch and heal others.
He is the One by whom we have access unto God's Throne—Rom 5:1,2; Eph 2:18; Heb 10:19-22.
DAY 18—He is my Resurrection and my Life.
Jn 11:25,26 Jesus said unto her I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this? Jn 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth Me no more; but ye see Me: because I live, ye shall live also.
• LORD, I believe You. I believe You are the Resurrection and the Life. I believe You because I know You. You are the rock of my salvation. You are the light of my life. You have become my strength and my song. Hold me close and let me feel the pulse of Your heart as its longs now for others to know Your Resurrection Life.
He will save us from all our enemies—Ps 18:1-6,16-19.
DAY 19—He is my Way to the Father.
Ja 14:6,7 Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me. If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him. Jn 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, lam the Door of the sheep.
• FATHER, Jesus has brought me to You Help me yield to the warmth of Your embrace. Help me walk in the light of Your countenance. I need Your loving care. I need Your guiding hand. Today, especially, I need Your friendship and Your enabling grace. Keep me close to You.
He finds us when we cannot not find Him—Lk 15:4-6.
DAY 20—By Him I have freedom from the Law of Sin and Death.
Rom 8:1,2 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
• DEAR FATHER, thank you for receiving me in Your Son, Christ Jesus. I had no hope of ever becoming good enough by my own effort. Now help me walk according to the light and direction of Your Spirit. Help me take the occasion of my freedom in Christ to become a pure and loving person in Your Kingdom.
We can all know the blessed state of being forgiven—Rom 4:4-8.
DAY 21—By Him I can reign in life.
Rom 5:17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by One, Jesus Christ. Jas 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which He hath promised to them that love Him?
• FATHER, I am beginning to hear Your Word to me. You want me to reign in life by Christ Jesus—today. I am tired of groveling and complaining. I am tired of my sickness and weakness. I lay it aside right now and present myself with all the troubles of my life to the authority of Your Throne. Oh, take the dominion in me! Reign in me so I can reign in life by Your Son.
We can all know the blessedness of being part of God’s eternal Kingdom—Rev 20:4,6; 22:5.
DAY 22—By Him I have become unblameable and unreproveable before the Father
Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath He reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in His sight.
• DEAR LORD, I have held on to my guilt long enough. And long enough have I feared that You were not always pleased with me. This has kept be back from serving You as I have wanted to. I did not feel worthy. So, today, I am laying this guilt and fear before You. May the grace that comes to me in Christ Jesus to absorb it.
We can live blameless to the end—Heb 13:20,21; I Cor 1:8.
DAY 23—With Him I share one life.
Col 2:12,13 Buried with Him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with Him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised Him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses.
• LORD, when I was baptized, it was a turning point in my life. But I did not understand all it meant. I knew You as my Savior, but I did not know You were ready to share Your life with me. Today I am becoming ready to open up to this shared life with You. Please teach me what it will mean. Help me walk in union with You.
We can all discover God’s quickening power—Ps 71:20; Ps 119:50; Jn 6:63; Rom 6:13.
DAY 24—Because of Him I set my affection on things above.
Col 3:1-3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
• FATHER, draw me by Your Spirit on unto things which are above. My affection and attention too long has been toward things that pertain to this world. Bring me to the point where I can view all things with regard to Your Kingdom and its purposes. Work in me so my life can come into accord with Your Kingdom while in this world.
We can learn from men of old how to set our affections aright—Ps 62:10; 91:14; 119:36,37; Pro 23:5.
DAY 25—Because of His mercy I share His Life.
Eph 2:4-6 But God, Who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) and hath raised us up together... Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses...
• FATHER, as I draw near the end, I see more than ever it is Your mercy that has brought me to know You. I was dead in sin; You made me alive. I was hopeless and sick and You came to my side. Now You are placing the very Life and Triumph of Christ in me! I receive what You are giving. I love You and praise You.
We are admonished to keep ourselves in the Love of God—Jude 20-25.
DAY 26—Because of Him I have a lively hope.
I Cor 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. I Pet 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. Phil 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
• DEAR LORD, I am very grateful to You that now my life has hope. When affliction and trouble comes to my door, help me meet it with the hope You have placed in me. Help me share this hope with every person I know. I want them to see Your life and Your love in me.
We hope to the end for the grace that is yet to come upon us—I Pet 1:13-21.
© Berean Ministries
P.O. Box 38
Elk Park, NC 28622-0038
Visit Us at http://www.maschil.com