the Power of the Gospel
THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST IS THE POWER OF GOD UNTO SALVATION.
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other Name under heaven
given among men, whereby we must be saved.
DAY 1—hold no shame in proclaiming the Gospel of Christ.
Romans 1:16,17a For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith (out of faith unto faith)...
· FATHER, forbid it that I should ever be ashamed, or fearful, to present the Gospel of Christ. Wherein I have been timid or backward in telling others of Your grace and love, please heal inc. Let the confidence born of Your Spirit come upon me. And, let others see Your love and grace in me.
The Utter Simplicity of Presenting the Gospel—Ac 16:30,31
DAY 2—There is no one who does not need the Salvation that God offers us in His Son.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God...
Galatians 3:22 But the Scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
· DEAR LORD, I’ve had no trouble knowing I am a sinner: My life has held much darkness and evil. My greatest trouble has been in knowing that You love me in spite of my wrong. 0h, how I love You for this! Thank You for saving me and setting me free from the darkness. Let Your light continue to shine in me.
It is God’s desire to show mercy to all—Rom 11:32; in 12:32
DAY 3—Our Redemption is by the grace of God, through the precious blood of Christ.
Romans 3:24 . . .Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus...
I Peter 1:18,19 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot...
· DEAR LORD, thank You for the grace that found me in my sin. Thank You for the Redemption that is so wonderful and free. Thank You for keeping me for Your Own. Please use me for the glory of Your Kingdom.
DAY 4—Christ Jesus has made full propitiation for all our sin.
Romans 3:25 (Christ Jesus) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation (the full satisfaction of our penalty paid) through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission (forgiveness) of sins that are past, through the forbearance (patient restraint) of God...
· FATHER, what grace that You have received the death of Your beloved Son for the propitiation of my sins! My penalty is paid in full! I owe everything I am and all that I have to You. Let me move in Your Kingdom as one who is totally Yours.
The propitiation for our sins means that the wrath of God against our sin is satisfied in full
—I John 2:2; 4:10
IT IS ONLY BY THE GRACE OF GOD THAT WE CAN HAVE SALVATION.
No human being can attain a goodness on their own that will make them acceptable before God.
DAY 5—Because we are justified by faith, we cannot boast of our good works.
Romans 3:26, 27 To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness: that He might be just, and the Justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith (the principle of faith).
· FATHER, I’ve come to see that even the faith, by which I placed my trust in Your Son, came to me as a gift of Your love to me. O, GRACIOUS FATHER, let that faith continue to grow in me till I can say that I live by the faith of Your Son.
Both Jew and Gentile can be justified by faith only—Rom 3:28-31
DAY 6—Abraham is our first example of what a believer is.
Romans 4:20-22 He (Abraham) staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded that, what He had promised, He was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
· FATHER, I praise You for bringing me to the place of complete trust in Your Word. I am ready to abide in this place of being fully persuaded that what You have promised You are able also to perform.
The promises of God inspire us to be clean both in our spirits and in our natural lives—II Cor 6:17-7:1
DAY 7—When we are justified by faith, we discover what it means to be at peace with God.
Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
· OH, DEAR FATHER, I praise You for the peace that has been mine since I have learned to trust You completely! Some days I come under trial, but I see, time and again, how You reach under me and bring me up close to Your heart. Oh, what love and mercy You are showing me! I praise You over and over and over.
When we learn to keep our hearts steadfast before the Lord, we discover His abiding peace
DAY 8—When we know God’s grace, we need have no fear of tribulation.
Romans 5:2, 3 (“Our Lord Jesus Christ”) By Whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope...
· FATHER, since I’ve come to know the grace You extended to me in Christ Jesus, I finally have an abiding hope. And, I thank You that I no longer fear tribulation. Oh, it is working something good in my life! The pressures I am now under are pressing me to You.
The Lord Jesus clearly reminds us not to fear any coming suffering or tribulation—Rev 2:9-11
DAY 9—When we know God’s grace, our hope will never be put to shame.
Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed (is not put to shame); because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
II Thessalonians 2:16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, ‘my God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.
· DEAR LORD, I praise You for the hope Your Spirit has shed abroad in my heart. Please let others see this hope and partake of it as we fellowship one with the other. Let this hope that is born of Your Spirit come over on these I hold before You. Let us all learn to rejoice in hope and live out of its abundance.
Much written in the early Scriptures is for the strengthening of our hope—Rom 15:4; Ps 22:4,5
DAY 10—We know God’s love because He sent His Son to die for us sinners.
Romans 5:6-8 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
· LORD, when I finally admitted I had no strength to save my self, I discovered Your amazing love. I thank You for dying for me, for taking my place on the Cross, for setting me free from the sin to which I was a slave. Oh, I’m forever grateful! I want my life to reflect Your great love to others around me.
God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved
THOSE WHO KNOW THE GRACE OF GOD AT WORK IN THEIR LIVES HAVE A LIVING HOPE. Indeed, there is no hope for any of us apart from the grace of God revealed in Christ Jesus.
DAY 11—Being reconciled to God through the death of His Son, we continue in our salvation through His abiding life.
Romans 5:10,11 For it, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by Whom we have now received the atonement.
· Oh, DEAR FATHER, what an abundance You have given to us in Your beloved Son! Not only do we have atonement through His death, we also have the joy and strength of His life in us! What grace! What grace! What grace! What love! Thank You! Thank You!
Being reconciled to God by His Son, we receive the ministry of reconciliation—II Cor 5:18-21
DAY 12—By the offence of one we were made sinners; by the grace of God expressed in Christ Jesus we are justified.
Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned...
Romans 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
· DEAR LORD, what grace You have give us in Your Death and Resurrection! I bless Your holy Name and thank You again and again. Now, LORD, would you please make me an instrument of grace toward others. May they know Your Death and Resurrection in me.
We enter an entirely new way of living when we give our lives to Christ Jesus—Col 3:1-11
DAY 13—Those who receive abundance of grace can reign in life through Christ.
Romans 5:17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by One, Jesus Christ.
· LORD, You are teaching us to reign in life. Let this be multiplied in each of these I now hold before You. Set us free from the hold the world has on us. Open our eyes to see its vanity. Then, open our eyes to see the wonders of Your grace.
We behold the promise to the overcomers that we shall reign with Christ—Rev 3:21; 5:9,19
WHEN WE KNOW THE GRACE OF GOD.
WE CAN KNOW FREEDOM FROM “THE” SIN AND ITS BONDAGE.
God’s grace abounds much more powerfully than the Sin that entered the race through Adam.
DAY 14—Where sin once abounded in us, grace now reigns in us.
Romans 5:20, 21 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: that as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
· LORD, Your grace is reigning! I believe it shall continue to reign in us. What we are today is only to the praise of Your glorious grace. What we shall become will also be because of Your grace. We have no other hope. Let us know more and more of Your grace.
Grace will continue to be multiplied in our lives—I Pet 5:10; II Pet 1:2; II Pet 3:18
DAY 15—Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
Romans 6:1,2 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. (Let that thought never enter your mind!) How shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
· LORD, if there is any way in which lam abusing Your grace, please convict me. Let the power of Your Spirit come over me and set me free. Do this same work in these from my family I now hold before You.
If we sin after we know the Lord’s saving grace, we must confess, ask His forgiveness, and seek His cleansing
—I John 1:5-10
DAY 16—In Christ Jesus we are raised up to walk in a new kind of life.
Romans 6:3,4 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death? Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (a new kind of life).
· FATHER, it is here that I need the revelation help of Your Holy Spirit. Please help me to know—in a way that I will never forget—that when I was baptized, I was baptized into His death. And, help me to know when He was raised up, I was raised up with Him.
In Christ’s Death, Burial and Resurrection we find our completion—Col 2:9-14
DAY 17—In Christ’s death we are liberated from The Sin.
Romans 6:5-7 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His Death, we shall be also in the likeness of His Resurrection (the Resurrection): knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin (the carnal part of us once under the Sin) might be destroyed (rendered powerless), that henceforth we should not serve sin (be enslaved to the Sin). For he that is dead is freed from sin (has been justified, set free, from the Sin).
· FATHER, this is some of the most amazing truth I could imagine knowing. Please help me soak in it so it can continue with my spirit. Help me learn to live out of its light and power.
We learn to put away sin lest its judgment return upon us
—Num 33:55; Deut 7:2; Josh 23:12,13; Judg 2:3; Ps 19:13; Ps 119:133; I Cor 9:27
WE ARE ABOUT TO COME UPON THE MOST POWERFUL TRUTH
WE CAN KNOW WITH REGARD TO BECOMING FREE FROM SIN’S BONDAGE.
Simply, there are two keys: knowing and reckoning.
DAY 18—We come now to the time when we reckon upon Christ’s Death and Life.
Romans 6:10,11 For in that He died, He died unto sin (the Sin) once: but in that He liveth, He liveth (without ceasing) unto God. Likewise reckon ye (put it down to your account) also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin (the Sin), but alive (without ceasing) unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.· FATHER, by faith, I put it down to my account that when Christ Jesus died, I died. When He was raised up, I too was raised up. This is beyond my natural understanding, but I am ready to receive it—even to know it—simply because it is in Your Word. And, I am ready to believe Your Word completely.
When we are willing to receive this understanding, we become ready to bear a testimony like Paul’s—Gal 2:20
DAY 19—We can now yield ourselves to God as those who are alive from the dead.
Romans 6:12,13 Let not (the) sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto (the) sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
· FATHER, as a new creation in Christ Jesus, I yield myself to You, and to Your purpose for my life. Take the ugly part of my life, remake it into something beautiful for Your Kingdom. Use me for Your glory.
In Christ we are God’s new creation—II Cor 5:17
DAY 20—We can now yield ourselves to God as those who are alive from the dead.
Romans 6:14 For sin (which once dwelt in you as part of your old nature) shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the Law, but under grace.
.Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants (slaves) of (the) sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine (teaching) which was delivered you.
· DEAR LORD, thank you for Teachers in Your body that are making this truth real to us. But, even with the best of them, I still need the help of Your Holy Spirit. Oh, let Him be my continual Teacher as He opens Your Holy Word to my hungry heart!
With the Psalmists, we cry to the Lord for Him to teach us
—Ps 25:4,5; Ps 27:11; Ps 86:11; Ps 119:12, 26,33, 64,66,68, 108,124, 135; 143:10
IT IS NOW, BEING FREE FROM THE SIN,
THAT WE CAN LEAD A HOLY LIFE ACCEPTABLE IN GOD’S SIGHT.
Human works of holiness can avail us nothing before the judgment seat of Christ.
DAY 21—Being now free from our slavery to The Sin, we can lead a holy life.
Romans 6:22,23 But now being made free from (the) sin and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages of (the) sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
· FATHER, I never want to turn back to any of the sins to which I once was enslaved. Neither do I want to take up anything thing else that is offensive to You. Truly, Dear LORD, I want to live a life of holiness. Let this same desire come upon these I hold before You.
It is a dangerous thing to turn from the Lord once we have known Him—II Pet 12:21,22
DAY 22—Those who have become tired of their own struggle with sin, can discover the wondrous grace revealed in Christ Jesus.
Romans 7:24,25a O wretched man that I am (Oh miserably tired ego man)! Who shall deliver (rescue) me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord...
· FATHER, I know what it means to be tired of my own works. They have actually been like filthy rags. Now I praise You that You have cleansed me. You have made me whole in Christ. You have given me Your righteousness so I can stand before the enemy without fear. And, I can stand before Your Throne in the day of judgment and join in the celebration of Your grace.
Paul made it clear that the Gospel message is that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and raised up the third day according to the Scriptures—I Cor 15:1-4
© Berean Ministries
P.O. Box 38
Elk Park, NC 28622-0038
Visit Us at http://www.maschil.com